Our agency is growing. Many roles are changing and evolving. We are committed to offering permanent employment and the contracts recently posted are no indication of attempt to avoid meaningful employment. LCIH is providing our staff the opportunity to explore a new role with the right to revert.
Lanark County Interval House
Position : Shelter Manager
Responsible to: Executive Director or designate
Lanark County Interval House is in need of a Shelter Manager. This is a new one year contract position, 28 hours a week, with the possibility of extension and/or permanency.
The Shelter Manager is expected to be in agreement with and support the philosophy of Interval House. This philosophy states that, “We believe a woman and her children have the right to live their lives with dignity and without the threat of abuse. When this basic right is denied or interfered with, we offer protection and support.”
Education and Experience
Diploma or BA in Social Service/Anti-violence studies or equivalent life experience is essential. Minimum three years’+ experience working in the field of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault and 3+years in a management role.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- A demonstrated ability to work from a feminist, AR/AO, harm reduction and trauma informed approach
- The best suited candidate must have good time management, interviewing, and problem-solving skills. Must have excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to establish rapport and trust with clients under sometimes difficult circumstances.
- Commitment to task, and the ability to maintain confidentiality are essential.
- Must have the ability to manage change, to direct team, and to work under pressure to ensure the safe running of the shelter programs
- Must have good judgement and know when to seek support from management.
- The ability to conduct supervision meetings, team meetings and performance review processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of related human resource practices, team dynamics and demonstrated leadership skills
- Candidate must have a valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle
Salary: To be negotiated Hours of work: 28 hours per week.
This is a 1 yr. contract position with the possibility of extension and or permanency. As this is a contract position, there are no benefits and vacation pay will accrue and be paid out at the contract end.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Female only relying on provisions of section 23 of Humans Rights Act in setting the restriction.
Accessibility is assured, Accommodations available.
Apply in writing before Nov 14, 2018 , resumes accepted by email email@example.com