Specialist, Legal and Compliance
For 170 years, Labatt has created enduring bonds with consumers as they share memorable experiences while enjoying iconic brands like Alexander Keith's, Labatt Blue, Budweiser and Stella Artois.
Labatt employees share the dream of becoming the best, most profitable beer company in a better world with their Anheuser-Busch InBev colleagues worldwide. From Newfoundland to British Columbia, Labatt's 3,000 employees brew over 60 local and world-known beers. Anheuser-Busch InBev is the leading global brewer, managing a portfolio of more than 200 brands.
Labatt is one of Canada's most recognized brands and most respected corporations. We take responsibility for improving the world where we do business, and together we find ways of putting social responsibility into action. We're also committed to building a company for the long-term with a legacy to be proud of – for the people who work for us and with us; for future generations and the environment; and above all for our consumers.
- Provide support to the General Counsel on all Corporate Secretarial and corporate maintenance functions including the management of corporate record keeping and drafting, obtaining signatures for, filing and finalizing all required resolutions and documents;
- Provide support to Associate General Counsel and Compliance Officer on anti-corruption compliance, reporting requirements for internal control, business ethics programs, internal investigations, and administration of ABI Global Compliance programs in Canada;
- Assist with review and approval of digital marketing materials and website content to ensure compliance with privacy and data protection laws and codes;
- Assist with and manage knowledge management and record retention initiatives within the Legal Department;
- Assist with and manage routine administrative tasks within the Legal Department including the payment of service provider invoices, internal tracking and monitoring tools, legal billing management and department budget management.
Job Qualifications and Competencies
- Diploma, designation, or work experience as a law clerk, legal assistant or legal analyst. An undergraduate degree in any field would be a great asset.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience gained in a law firm, in-house environment or corporate compliance function or transferable experience from education, internship or training program.
- Extremely well-organized and ability to balance competing priorities.
- Familiarity with corporate law and corporate secretarial requirements under Canadian law.
- Knowledge of compliance principles, practices, and protocols or any regulatory experience would be an asset.
- Critical thinking skills, good judgment and patience while working through complex challenges.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to learn, follow and optimize processes.
- Willingness to learn new areas of law, manage a diverse variety of files and seize opportunities for growth, even if those opportunities are outside of your previous experience.
- Comfort with technology and innovative tools, including aptitude for learning and using various kinds of applications beyond Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, etc. (training provided)
- Excellent English language writing and verbal communication skills. Proficiency in written French with conversation-level oral French would be an asset.
Labatt Breweries of Canada LP is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.