For 170 years, Labatt has created enduring bonds with consumers as they share memorable experiences while enjoying iconic brands like Budweiser, Alexander Keith's, Labatt Blue, Goose Island and Stella Artois.
Labatt employees share the dream of becoming the best, most profitable beer company in a better world with their Anheuser-Busch InBev colleagues worldwide. From Newfoundland to British Columbia, Labatt's 3,000 employees brew over 60 local and world-known beers. Anheuser-Busch InBev is the leading global brewer, managing a portfolio of more than 200 brands.
Labatt is one of Canada 's most recognized brands and most respected corporations. We take responsibility for improving the world where we do business, and together we find ways of putting social responsibility into action. We're also committed to building a company for the long-term with a legacy to be proud of – for the people who work for us and with us; for future generations and the environment; and above all for our consumers.
- Provide legal review and solution-oriented advice for all French language advertising and promotions to ensure compliance with all applicable provincial and federal laws (including CRTC Code for Broadcast Advertising of Alcoholic Beverages, Régie des Alcools des courses et des jeux (RACJ) and SAQ, Quebec Advertising Regulations/Policies, French Language Charter, Competition Act and Criminal Code), ASC Gender Portrayal Guidelines, Canadian Code of Advertising Standards and internal company policies.
- Work very closely with the Commercial Team (including advertising/promotional agencies) at the concept stage to provide direction regarding advertising, promotional programs and contests.
- Provide advice to internal and external stakeholders in a timely manner in a high volume / tight deadline environment with minimal direction, while engaging with external service providers (Advertising and Promotions Agencies).
- Provide training to internal and external stakeholders on marketing compliance.
- Assist on trade-marks portfolio management and registration process.
- Manage court and litigation filings, communications with administrative and civil tribunals as well as court hearing agendas.
- Conduct legal research on various matters, such as litigation, commercial, intellectual property, and labour and employment matters.
Job Qualifications and Competencies
- Diploma, designation, or substantial work experience as a law clerk or legal specialist/analyst. An undergraduate degree in any field would be an asset.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience gained in a law firm and/or in-house environment.
- Extremely well-organized working methods and ability to balance competing priorities.
- Knowledge of marketing and advertising law and/or provincial and federal alcohol-related regulations, policies and guidelines and intellectual property would be a great asset.
- Strong customer and client service orientation and a good team player.
- Ability to provide balanced, pragmatic, cost-effective and directed recommendations to the business.
- Excellent analytical skills and judgment.
- Excellent attention to detail and results-oriented approach.
- Willingness to learn new areas of law, manage a diverse variety of files and seize opportunities for growth, even if those opportunities are outside of your previous experience.
- Excellent verbal and written French and English (must be fully bilingual).
Labatt Breweries of Canada LP is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.