Specialist, Employee Wellness (VII-A)
For more than 160 years, Labatt has created enduring bonds with consumers as they share memorable experiences while enjoying iconic brands like Alexander Keith's, Labatt Blue, Budweiser and Stella Artois.
Labatt employees share the dream of becoming the best, most profitable beer company in a better world with their Anheuser-Busch InBev colleagues worldwide. From Newfoundland to British Columbia, Labatt's 3,000 employees brew about 60 local and world-known beers. Anheuser-Busch InBev is the leading global brewer, managing a portfolio of more than 200 brands.
Labatt is one of Canada's most recognized brands and most respected corporations. We take responsibility for improving the world where we do business, and together we find ways of putting social responsibility into action. We're also committed to building a company for the long-term with a legacy to be proud of – for the people who work for us and with us; for future generations and the environment; and above all for our consumers.
- Efficient disability management process, with effective/sustainable process, practices, policy documentation, and reporting. Related metrics: Total Injury Rate, Net New Claims, Weekly Indemnity/Short-term Disability durations, and other claims management KPIs.
- Manage 3rd party service providers and stakeholders (WCB) to ensure positive outcomes for Occupational and Non-occupational injury/cases.
- Research, develop, and implement best practices and policies to facilitate prevention, case management, and positive outcomes
- Developing and delivering training to staff (salaried; front-line managers and above) on Injury reporting processes and impact of effective incident reporting and investigation, as onboarding and on an ongoing basis.
- Supporting development and execution of wellness program initiatives, with Specialist, Continuity and Rewards.
- Post Secondary, related graduate degree
- 3-5 year related experience, Previous claim management experience:
- Experienced Disability Case Manager
- Experience with workers compensation boards and insurance carriers
- Experience with Insurance Industry standards and policy development
- Experience with managing critical incidents
- Awareness of all ethical guidelines related to Disability Claims Management
- Familiar with Human Rights legislation
- Data management specific to Personal Health Information Privacy Act
- Cost Liability reporting including frequency and acuity data
- Excellent soft skills:
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to provide positive coaching on varied issues to optimize behavioral changes or resolution
- Tactful regarding confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve complex issues
- Ability to nurture relationships at all levels within the Company, and outside the Company
Labatt Brewing Company Limited is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.