Reporting Manager (Finance)
About our Company
Labatt has a big dream. It’s to be the Best Beer Company Bringing People Together for a Better World. Some say we’re already there. After all, Labatt is Canada’s number one brewer. With 60 amazing brands from Budweiser to Shocktop, we’ve got great tastes and great times covered. Labatt is also part of AB InBev, the number one brewer worldwide, with 155,000 colleagues across 25 countries.
Why Join Us
Labatt is a dynamic place to call home. From BC to Newfoundland, this is where the best work hard to become even better. If you’re looking for a team where achievement and talent are what count, then look no further. We’re crafting up better beer, better experiences, a better environment and better communities for Canadians than ever before.
- Overall responsibility for accurate and on-time reporting of monthly and year-end financial information for internal purposes
- Responsible for the review and submission of accurate standalone financials, which are used to report to Labatt's lenders on a quarterly basis
- Managing numerous ad-hoc requests from the business / corporate as they relate to the accuracy of financial information
- Other financial reporting as required
- Being the main contact/owner of the external audit process. This involves working with the external auditors to ensure the audit is planned well, completed on-time with minimal delays and issues, and within the specified scope. Involves year-end audit, audit of the standalone financials, audit of Fund of the pension plans, certain specified procedures engagements
- Responsible for various lines on the P&L e.g., Financing and Interest to ensure that figures prepared by the Treasury BSC are accurate and on-time
- Responsible for providing support to the Senior Manager, Reporting & Control and Manager, Control
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and complete various projects as required.
- Lead the design, implementation, and execution of special projects which may include, but not limited to, process redesign, and other projects as assigned based on experience and competency
- Flexible to perform modified responsibilities as the role develops over time.
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Understanding of financial reporting systems, procedures and controls
- Effective communication skills with all levels of management
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and performance-driven environment
- University degree required; professional accounting designation required
- Chartered Accountant (CA), or Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- 3-5 years in financial accounting/reporting roles with exposure to various generally accepted accounting practices (GAAP’s) and financial statement preparation (including cash flows and note disclosures)
- Working knowledge of the following computer programs (COGNOS Controller, SAP, or other ERP) and/or Intermediate-level abilities with Microsoft Office Suite i.e., MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Experience with managing external auditors - e.g., working with Prepared by Client (PBC) listings, project management (managing Work-in-Progress WIPs), managing communication of information/issues, etc.
Labatt Breweries of Canada LP is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.