Quality Technician (Contract)
About the Company
About our Company
Labatt has a big dream. It’s to be the Best Beer Company Bringing People Together for a Better World. Some say we’re already there. After all, Labatt is Canada’s number one brewer. With 60 amazing brands from Budweiser to Shocktop, we’ve got great tastes and great times covered. Labatt is also part of AB InBev, the number one brewer worldwide, with 155,000 colleagues across 25 countries.
Why Join Us
Labatt is a dynamic place to call home. From BC to Newfoundland, this is where the best work hard to become even better. If you’re looking for a team where achievement and talent are what count, then look no further. We’re crafting up better beer, better experiences, a better environment and better communities for Canadians than ever before.
- Responsible for working with production personnel to provide quality assurance
- Ensure HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Process) standards are maintained in the brewery
- Coordinate and lead quality improvement projects
- Analyze micro, packaging and analytical results, follow up on appropriate actions and any related finalize reports
- Participate in calibration program of control equipment
- Comply with environmental, health and safety policies
- Ensure Quality Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in all departments are being followed
- Involve and liaison with operators and provide feedback from process audits to the operator group
- Follow the Voyageur Plant Optimization program and comply to the Quality Pillar requirements
- Audit technicians performance on routine testing of product to ensure it is within specifications
- Responsible for sample collection, equipment calibration and ensuring that all parameters are being adhered to
- Administration and bill payment for lab services using the SAP system
- Bachelors degree in Food Science, Chemistry or Biochemistry, Science and Engineering.
- 1-3 years in a quality function within the Food & Beverage industry is an asset
- Good understanding of scientific principles and brewing/production knowledge considered an asset
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft office tools
- Highly skilled in data collection and analysis to facilitate effective problem solving
- Well organized self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
Labatt Breweries of Canada LP is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.
Heads up! Employers know that top students and grads use TalentEgg. When you apply, don't forget to indicate that you found this job on TalentEgg.