Quality Intern (Edmonton Summer 2018)
For more than 160 years, Labatt has created enduring bonds with consumers as they share memorable experiences while enjoying iconic brands like Alexander Keith's, Labatt Blue, Budweiser and Stella Artois.
Labatt employees share the dream of becoming the best, most profitable beer company in a better world with their Anheuser-Busch InBev colleagues worldwide. From Newfoundland to British Columbia, Labatt's 3,000 employees brew about 60 local and world-known beers. Anheuser-Busch InBev is the leading global brewer, managing a portfolio of more than 200 brands.
Labatt is one of Canada's most recognized brands and most respected corporations. We take responsibility for improving the world where we do business, and together we find ways of putting social responsibility into action. We're also committed to building a company for the long-term with a legacy to be proud of – for the people who work for us and with us; for future generations and the environment; and above all for our consumers.
- Responsible for working with production personnel to provide quality assurance
- Ensure Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) standards are maintained
- Coordinate and lead quality improvement projects
- Analyze micro (packaging and brewing) results and follow up as required
- Comply with environmental, health and safety policies
- Perform routine testing and analysis of brewing and packaging in-process samples and finished product for tests outlined in mandatory program
- Data-entry responsibilities for quality data into LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System)
- Responsible for equipment cleaning, maintenance and calibration for equipment
- Train and conduct audits to support understanding with operators on quality testing
- Provide data to troubleshoot Brewing and Packaging quality issues
- Review brewing and packaging Quality Control check sheets for any non-conformances and alert department as necessary
- Education: Currently completing 4th year of University Degree (Food Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Engineering)
- Good communication skills
- Sound judgment and critical thinking
- Able to work under minimal supervision, as well as with a team.
- Desire to innovate and ability to ensure continuous improvement with regard to required duties and functions.
- Able to set priorities and work to meet pre-determined objectives.
- Proficient Computer skills (excel, word, outlook)
- Knowledge of HACCP (Hazardous Analysis Critical Control Point) principles
Accessibility: Labatt Brewing Company Limited is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.