People (HR) Trainee Program Intern (Summer 2019)
Labatt is one of Canada's founding businesses and its leading brewer. Our roots go back to a single small brewery founded by John Kinder Labatt in London, Ontario in 1847 – where our hometown brewery still stands. Today we are truly a national brewer with 3,400 employees, a portfolio of more than 60 quality beers, and nine breweries from coast to coast.
Our breweries in Creston, Edmonton, London, Montreal, Halifax and St. John's are proud to brew Canada's most iconic beers, including Labatt Blue, Kokanee, Budweiser, Bud Light, Alexander Keith's and Lucky. As an important part of Anheuser-Busch InBev, the world's leading brewer, Labatt also distributes AB InBev's global brands such as Stella Artois and Corona and international brands Beck's, Leffe and Hoegaarden in Canada. AB InBev is first among brewers on Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies list in 2014, and is one of the globe's top five consumers goods companies.
The People Trainee Internship is an intensive 16 week program that attracts the brightest, most driven individuals who can take on challenging projects. As a People Trainee Intern, you will collaborate with all components of our Human Resources department from Talent Attraction, Talent Management, Rewards and Labour Relations. If you're interested in pursuing a career in a strategic, innovative HR department who supports our businesses long-term goals, then this internship is a great place to start!
We are looking for candidates who are in it for the long-haul.
This internship could lead you to an opportunity to join us full-time after you graduate into one of our full-time trainee programs. These include but are not limited to our Global Management Trainee Program, People Trainee Program, and Solutions Trainee Program.
What you will do:
- You will own and deliver on a strategic project that is impactful to the business.
- As an intern, you will develop and demonstrate an understanding of each aspect of the function through multi-functional exposure by liaising with stakeholders in each group.
- Build a final project presentation to Senior Leadership in the North American Zone.
- Participation in internship related events and activities.
- You have a Degree in Engineering, Business, Science, or a related field.
- You have strengths both working independently as well as part of a team.
- You consider yourself to be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and you are passionate to deliver results.
- Analytical thinker and consider yourself a strong problem solver.
- Mobility to move across Canada for your potential future role is a key requirement of the position.
Apply now at www.labattjobs.com (Please apply via our website in order to complete compulsory testing)
We are committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.