About our Company
Labatt has a big dream. It's to be the Best Beer Company Bringing People Together for a Better World. Some say we're already there. After all, Labatt is Canada's number one brewer. With 60 amazing brands from Budweiser to Shocktop, we've got great tastes and great times covered. Labatt is also part of AB InBev, the number one brewer worldwide, with 155,000 colleagues across 25 countries.
Why Join Us
Labatt is a dynamic place to call home. From BC to Newfoundland, this is where the best work hard to become even better. If you're looking for a team where achievement and talent are what count, then look no further. We're crafting up better beer, better experiences, a better environment and better communities for Canadians than ever before.
- Assist in insourcing the Labatt payroll system and transitioning to a support model with Ceridian using the DayForce tool
- Project management of the insourcing initiative while providing recommendations for improvement of processes, procedures and policies to ensure compliance with payroll best practices
- Responsible for understanding payroll processes and payroll systems (Ceridian)
- Approve payrolls and approve cheque requisitions for payroll payments to the government and other vendors in a timely manner
- Monitor SOX and MICS controls are in place to ensure compliance, participate in audits as needed
- Manage escalated payroll issues for employees
- Prepare T4's and assisting with tax advisors, PWC to ensure accurate information is reported to the various government agencies
- Prepare Journal entries at month end and provide inter-company charges to accounting as required
- Compile/generate AD hoc reports
- Reconciliation of Payroll to Bank and to GL
- 3 years payroll/accounting administration experience
- Experience with payroll legislation/collective agreements; in multi-jurisdictional environment, is desirable
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel; great analytical skills
- Extensive knowledge of on-line payroll systems an asset
- Great communication and problem solving communication skills required
- Bilingual (French & English) an asset
- Experience implementing/internalizing a full-fledged payroll systems an asset
Labatt Breweries of Canada LP is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.