About our Company
Labatt has a big dream. It's to be the Best Beer Company Bringing People Together for a Better World. Some say we're already there. After all, Labatt is Canada's number one brewer. With 60 amazing brands from Budweiser to Shocktop, we've got great tastes and great times covered. Labatt is also part of AB InBev, the number one brewer worldwide, with 155,000 colleagues across 25 countries.
Why Join Us
Labatt is a dynamic place to call home. From BC to Newfoundland, this is where the best work hard to become even better. If you're looking for a team where achievement and talent are what count, then look no further. We're crafting up better beer, better experiences, a better environment and better communities for Canadians than ever before.
- Responsible for understanding payroll processes and payroll systems (Ceridian, ADP, ROSS, ePersonality) Approve payrolls and approve cheque requisitions for payroll payments to the government and other vendors in a timely manner.
- Assist in insourcing the Labatt payroll system and transitioning to a support model with Ceridian using the DayForce tool.
- Project management of the insourcing initiative while providing recommendations for improvement of processes, procedures and policies to ensure compliance with payroll best practices.
- Monitor SOX and MICS controls are in place to ensure compliance.
- Manage escalated payroll issues for employees.
- Manage a team of payroll specialists and administrators to support the running and administration of Canada payroll.
- Prepare T4's and assisting with tax advisors, PWC to ensure accurate information is reported to the various government agencies.
- Prepare income statements for Executive payroll (Inpat/Expats), process the executive payroll and address all payroll and tax related inquiries for Executives (Inpat/Expats).
- Prepare Journal entries at month end and provide inter-company charges to accounting as required.
- Oversee all aspects of the payroll process.
- Compile/generate AD hoc reports.
- Reconciliation of Payroll to Bank and to GL.
Job Qualifications and Competencies
- University Degree mandatory.
- Payroll Manager Certification or equivalent an asset.
- 3-5 years' experience working in a payroll insourced business process environment.
- Experience running multiple payrolls (4+), in a decentralized payroll environment.
- Bilingual (French and English) as asset.
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Payroll and HR information system.
- 3rd Party web based applications, as required (Ceridian/DayForce WFM).
Labatt Breweries of Canada LP is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.