Mgr. I, Finance - Tax Operations
Reporting to the Senior Tax Manager, the Manager of Indirect Tax is responsible for the organization's indirect tax functions with primary focus on managing the day-to-day application of indirect taxes, compliance, planning and other projects.
- Responsible for all indirect tax related compliance across Canada
- Work with the Global Care Center to ensure timely and accurate review and filing of all returns
- Assist with commodity tax audits, including preparation of support, responding to government/external auditorsâ?? queries, and resolution of audit issues
- Assist with the budgeting, forecasting and tracking and monitoring of indirect taxes
- Stay abreast of commodity tax legislative changes and positions to ensure appropriate planning, compliance and reporting.
- Consult and advise the business on indirect tax implications of various projects and initiatives
- Actively identify and develop opportunities to improve processes for compliance
- Support Senior Tax Manager, Finance team and business units with respect to
- commodity tax queries, research, analysis and recommendation of solutions.
- Build relationships within the business in order to better understand business issues and proactively identify opportunities for tax savings and recoveries
- Work with 3rd party consultants on tax recoveries and other tax incentives
Desired Skills and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business, or Tax
- Completion of a professional designation (CPA,CA, CPA,CGA or CPA,CMA)
- Minimum of 3- 5 years related tax experience in a CA firm or industry
- Strong technical knowledge of Canadian sales tax legislation
- Hard working, detail oriented, organized and self-motivated to learn
- Strong planning, prioritization and time management skills
- ERP/SAP experience is preferred along with strong Excel skills
- CPA In-Depth GST/HST course an asset
- Bilingualism an asset (English and French)
Labatt Breweries of Canada LP is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.