Manager, Income Tax
About the Company
For more than 160 years, Labatt has created enduring bonds with consumers as they share memorable experiences while enjoying iconic brands like Alexander Keith’s, Labatt Blue, Budweiser and Stella Artois.
Labatt employees share the dream of becoming the best, most profitable beer company in a better world with their Anheuser-Busch InBev colleagues worldwide. From Newfoundland to British Columbia, Labatt’s 3,000 employees brew about 60 local and world-known beers. Anheuser-Busch InBev is the leading global brewer, managing a portfolio of more than 200 brands.
Labatt is one of Canada’s most recognized brands and most respected corporations. We take responsibility for improving the world where we do business, and together we find ways of putting social responsibility into action. We’re also committed to building a company for the long-term with a legacy to be proud of – for the people who work for us and with us; for future generations and the environment; and above all for our consumers.
Reporting to the Senior Tax Manager, the Income Tax Manager will oversee all of Labatt’s Canadian tax requirements, including compliance, provisions, transfer pricing and incentives.
- Responsible for all Canadian income tax compliance, including Canadian corporate income tax returns and ancillary required filings (e.g. T106, T1134, etc.).
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual tax provision, and other tax reporting requirements.
- Manage all corporate tax audits and inquiries, gather information and serve as the primary contact for tax audits by regulatory/governmental agencies
- Manage Labatt’s transfer pricing and coordinate with external consultants to prepare transfer pricing reports
- Research and interpret changing tax legislation and related income tax regulations, rules and case law, identify tax issues and opportunities for tax minimization and advise on their implications
- Assist with SR&ED/R&D tax incentives and coordinate efforts with the business and external advisors
- Assist with the budgeting, forecasting and tracking and monitoring of income taxes to optimize the Company’s cash flow.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business, or Tax
- Completion of a professional designation (CPA,CA, CPA,CGA or CPA,CMA)
- Minimum of 3- 5 years related tax experience in a CA firm or industry
- ERP/SAP experience is preferred along with strong Excel skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and complete on timely basis
- Hard working, detail oriented, organized and self-motivated to learn