Maintenance Electrician (Edmonton)
About our Company
Labatt has a big dream. It's to be the Best Beer Company Bringing People Together for a Better World. Some say we're already there. After all, Labatt is Canada's number one brewer. With 60 amazing brands from Budweiser to Shocktop, we've got great tastes and great times covered. Labatt is also part of AB InBev, the number one brewer worldwide, with 155,000 colleagues across 25 countries.
Why Join Us
Labatt is a dynamic place to call home. From BC to Newfoundland, this is where the best work hard to become even better. If you're looking for a team where achievement and talent are what count, then look no further. We're crafting up better beer, better experiences, a better environment and better communities for Canadians than ever before.
Electricians are responsible for accurate, reliable performance of instruments, analyzers and process equipment. This will be achieved by:
- Complying with plant Safety, Quality & Environmental policies;
- Performing corrective and preventive maintenance routines;
- Troubleshooting and repair of equipment problems;
- Programming documentation updates where required;
- Making recommendations for improvements to equipment and processes;
- Be actively involved with improvements and root cause problem solving;
- Other duties as required.
To be successful, a candidate must:
- Have a valid Electrician license. Instrumentation ticket an asset;
- Have previous troubleshooting and maintenance experience in production facility;
- Be familiar with SLC 500, PLC 5, Micro Logix's, Control Logix's, FTView, SE and ME, Power Flex VFD Drives, Process Control experience is an asset;
- Repair and adjust system components such as sensors, transmitters, PLC's and VFD'S;
- Calibrate components instruments according to manufacturer specifications;
- Have and maintain the physical ability to lift up to 50 lbs., climb stairs, ladders, and catwalks; work in confined areas, be exposed to various environments (dust, heights, hot and cold temperatures, etc.);
- Be able to demonstrate troubleshooting and problem-solving skills;
- Be comfortable in working in a fast-paced environment;
- Be a self-starter with an ability to work with limited supervision;
- Display an excellent sense of urgency, ability to prioritize, work ethics;
- Possess strong interpersonal skills.
Labatt Breweries of Canada LP is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.