Logistics Trainee Program Intern - Calgary 2019
Labatt is one of Canada's founding businesses and its leading brewer. Our roots go back to a single small brewery founded by John Kinder Labatt in London, Ontario in 1847 – where our hometown brewery still stands. Today we are truly a national brewer with 3,400 employees, a portfolio of more than 60 quality beers, and nine breweries from coast to coast.
Our breweries in Creston, Edmonton, London, Montreal, Halifax and St. John's are proud to brew Canada's most iconic beers, including Labatt Blue, Kokanee, Budweiser, Bud Light, Alexander Keith's and Lucky. As an important part of Anheuser-Busch InBev, the world's leading brewer, Labatt also distributes AB InBev's global brands such as Stella Artois and Corona and international brands Beck's, Leffe and Hoegaarden in Canada. AB InBev is first among brewers on Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies list in 2014, and is one of the globe's top five consumers goods companies.
- The internship will be primarily focused on supply chain optimization projects to enable the logistics function to deliver against their cost and service projects
- In addition, this role will work with our performance management function, helping drive fact-based insights which connect our key performance indicator (KPI) results to the financial outcomes
- Finally, the role will assist with the development, routine management and presentation of operational and financial reports to our supply and commercial teams.
- We are looking for motivated individuals with strong analytical skills and leadership potential to take on challenging projects.
- If you join Labatt you will be working side-by-side with the top talent in the industry, across multiple functions, developing business, strategic and analytical skills.
- You're in your 3rd year of a Bachelor's program in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain Management or any related field
- Work well in teams and have the ability to build strong interpersonal relationships
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills, with the ability to be persuasive (French language an asset)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with strong business acumen and strategic thinking capability
- Self-starter, driven, with a high attention to detail and strong time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and independently with tight timelines and limited supervision
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with advanced proficiency in Excel and data management
- Must be authorized to work in Canada
Start Date: May 2019
We are committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.