IT Deskside Support
About the Company
The Regional IT Deskside Support role is to provide end users support and maintenance within the company's desktop computing and overall IT Work Place environment.
The Deskside Support Technician is primarily responsible for the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the hardware/software needs of a location within the corporate infrastructure and IT Work Place Services. The incumbent is an energetic individual able to perform in a fast paced environment with a proven ability to collaborate with in-house users and external service providers to accomplish a variety of tasks.
The Deskside Support Technician will handle desk side support issues for all office users including trouble-shooting and assisting users with connectivity issues, logging all incidents properly using Internal Ticketing system (JIRA) and following up to ensure all issues are resolved within SLA's.
This position requires someone who is personable, has great communications skills, pays close attention to the details, and has a lot of patience when dealing with users who have a wide range of PC experience.
The Deskside Support Technician must be able to support all hardware and equipment (including but not limited to Laptops, PC, HP terminals, printers, office phones) to ensure optimal workplace performance and provide end-user assistance where required (In-person, by telephone, or via remote access).
This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Infrastructure Operations and IT Workplace Services Canada
- Assist staff with the installation, configuration and ongoing usability of HP Terminals, Laptops, Desktop computers, Printers, peripheral equipment and software.
- Telecom Support including third party telephone provider with hands-on phone support
- Resolving and repairing any PC/Windows related issues
- Responsible for preparing and rolling out new hardware including Thin Clients and Laptops
- 2nd and 3rd level Help-Desk duties
- Assisting with network tasks
- Support conference room technology including projectors, TV's, KVM's, etc
- Support Corporate iPads for the Sales force
- Support Telepresence and other conferencing technologies
- Workplace Project support
- Remote support of laptops and applications over the phone for remote users
- Installation and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established corporate policy guidelines
- Basic hands on network support and required to work with our internal network team providing basic day to day infrastructure support
- Knowledge on ticketing system and mandatory requirement of meeting deadlines and SLA's
- Follow all relevant Labatt policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- 3 to 5 years of experience supporting desktops and laptops (Windows 7 to 10)
- Experience with troubleshooting PC hardware issues and repairing desktop and laptops
- Experience with installing software, patches and system updates on desktops, laptops
- MacOS support for laptops and iPads
- Basic hands-on Smartphone support for iOS and Android devices
- Experience with troubleshooting basic network, software, printing problems
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills both verbal and written
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- Work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in an industrial environment
- Strong knowledge of operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows 10, MacOS, Citrix
- Software: Microsoft Office suite 2007 and above (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook)
- Knowledge of standard business and web based applications
- Printer support
- Assist with hardware maintenance and testing of network servers, and associated equipment
- Office and brewery Wi-Fi support
- Post-Secondary degree in Computer Science or IT related Diploma
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Industry certifications, this can include A+, N+ and/or MCTS/MCITP
Labatt Breweries of Canada LP is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.