Intern, Environmental Health & Safety
For more than 160 years, Labatt has created enduring bonds with consumers as they share memorable experiences while enjoying iconic brands like Alexander Keith's, Labatt Blue, Budweiser and Stella Artois.
Labatt employees share the dream of becoming the best, most profitable beer company in a better world with their Anheuser-Busch InBev colleagues worldwide. From Newfoundland to British Columbia, Labatt's 3,000 employees brew about 60 local and world-known beers. Anheuser-Busch InBev is the leading global brewer, managing a portfolio of more than 200 brands.
Labatt is one of Canada's most recognized brands and most respected corporations. We take responsibility for improving the world where we do business, and together we find ways of putting social responsibility into action. We're also committed to building a company for the long-term with a legacy to be proud of – for the people who work for us and with us; for future generations and the environment; and above all for our consumers.
- Work closely with the all departments within the Brewery to support all environmental health and safety activities and programs
- Performing safety and environmental compliance audits to meet required standards
- Reporting environmental and safety Key Performance Indicators to Zone office
- Supporting all departments with incident investigation, coordinating risk assessments, and monitoring follow up of ES related preventative and correction actions
- Supporting and implementing safety and environmental initiatives
- Helping support maintain environmental and safety management system through handbooks, guides, presentations, events, etc.
- Maintaining the ES data base(s)
- Currently completing 3rd year of University Degree in either environmental or health and safety studies
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong administration and organizational skills
- Sound judgment and critical thinking
- Able to work under minimal supervision, as well as with a team.
- Occupational Health and Safety experience or courses related to industrial environmental aspects (wastewater, air emissions, and solid waste management)
- Knowledge of Environmental Health & Safety legislation and policies
- Proficient Computer skills (excel, word, outlook)
Accessibility: Labatt Brewing Company Limited is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.