Group Manager, Logistics
About our Company
Labatt has a big dream. It's to be the Best Beer Company Bringing People Together for a Better World. Some say we're already there. After all, Labatt is Canada's number one brewer. With 60 amazing brands from Budweiser to Shocktop, we've got great tastes and great times covered. Labatt is also part of AB InBev, the number one brewer worldwide, with 155,000 colleagues across 25 countries.
Why Join Us
Labatt is a dynamic place to call home. From BC to Newfoundland, this is where the best work hard to become even better. If you're looking for a team where achievement and talent are what count, then look no further. We're crafting up better beer, better experiences, a better environment and better communities for Canadians than ever before.
- This role is responsible for managing shift warehouse operations (for Brewery: within the Brewery warehousing operations and the satellite site), which includes line feed and Line extract, receipts and shipments of full goods, empty containers.
- Shift management of the warehouse operations / brewery staging to meet service, cost, productivity, health and safety / environment and quality (HACCP, quality index) standards. This includes the coordination of transportation to / from the warehouse operations.
- Expectation of the role is to have a strong understanding of the facility budget and actual performance. This should allow for proactive identification and implementation of cost improvement opportunities.
- Proactively lead and execute the health, safety and environment programs within all brewery / staging facilities to ensure a safe and productive working environment for all employees.
- Execution of defined processes to ensure asset protection within all facilities, including finished product, empty containers plus facility assets (building, transportation equipment, etc). This includes execution of receiving, picking and shipment processes according to defined standards and targets. Additionally, expectation of active participation in the development of the leading practices processes.
- Shift management of the union / management processes and relationships within the warehouse staging facilities. This includes playing an active leadership role within the brewery / warehouse operations.
- Delivery of service, cost, quality, safety/environment objectives for site warehouse/staging operations. The primary focus is on the delivery of objectives for a specific shift. All shift management roles will have accountability for the delivery of the overall objectives of the site operations.
- Inventory accuracy within the warehouse operations.
- Delivery of overall market unit/total Canada logistics costs. On time delivery of defined projects.
- Building strong working relationships with hourly employees within internal warehouses to deliver defined objectives.
- University degree, Business and Industry related discipline or equivalent professional experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead an operations facility with direct supervisory experience in a unionized environment.
- Strong leadership skills required.
- Proven ability to manage warehouse operations in a high volume environment, including leadership of a large hourly workforce. Demonstrated operational excellence.
- Respected and trusted leader with a proven track record of achievement, solid technical skills and a reputation as a leader of change.
- A proven track record of achievement, solid technical skills and a reputation as a leader of change.
- Technical Competencies: Excellent computer, analytical, and problem solving skills.
Labatt Breweries of Canada LP is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.