Finance Trainee Intern (Summer 2019)
For more than 160 years, Labatt has created enduring bonds with consumers as they share memorable experiences while enjoying iconic brands like Alexander Keith's, Labatt Blue, Budweiser and Stella Artois.
Labatt employees share the dream of becoming the best, most profitable beer company in a better world with their Anheuser-Busch InBev colleagues worldwide. From Newfoundland to British Columbia, Labatt's 3,000 employees brew about 60 local and world-known beers. Anheuser-Busch InBev is the leading global brewer, managing a portfolio of more than 200 brands.
Labatt is one of Canada's most recognized brands and most respected corporations. We take responsibility for improving the world where we do business, and together we find ways of putting social responsibility into action. We're also committed to building a company for the long-term with a legacy to be proud of – for the people who work for us and with us; for future generations and the environment; and above all for our consumers.
At Labatt and AB Inbev, we constantly push ourselves to do and achieve more. It's an attitude that's fueled our global growth, inspired our brands and built our heritage. If you share our attitude, come share our dream!
The Finance Trainee Internship is an intensive 16 week program that attracts the brightest, most driven individuals who can take on challenging projects in a variety of business functions. We are seeking out individuals with a wide variety of skills that will not only make an impact during their internship, but could be converted to a full time hire. Positions for hire include a full-time role or a spot within one of our new
- You will participate in standard financial reporting and month end practices.
- Provide support to the business by ensuring consistency with Company accounting policies and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- You will perform the Company's internal control framework (Minimum Internal Controls) by assisting with evaluations of various controls.
- Responsible to preparing work papers and supporting documentation to be aligned with SOX Certification (Sarbanes-Oxley).
- Support various ad hoc requests from the team which include treasury activities, Statistics Canada Reporting, Tax Filings, Budget Planning, and more
- Develop and demonstrate an understanding of each function through cross-functional exposure by liaising with individuals in each group.
- Chance to create and present a final project presentation to senior leadership in the North American Zone
- You have strengths both working independently as well as part of a team.
- You are pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, Science, Liberal Arts or a related field.
- It is a huge plus if you have previous work experience in related field to the internship you seek.
- You consider yourself to be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and you are passionate to deliver results
- Analytical thinker and consider yourself a strong problem solver
- Mobility to move across Canada for your potential future role (whether full-time or into one of our various Talent Programs) is a key requirement of the position.
Apply now at www.labattjobs.com (Please apply via our website in order to complete compulsory testing).
Labatt Brewing Company Limited is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.