Environment, Health & Safety Manager
For more than 160 years, Labatt has created enduring bonds with consumers as they share memorable experiences while enjoying iconic brands like Alexander Keith's, Labatt Blue, Budweiser and Stella Artois.
Labatt employees share the dream of becoming the best, most profitable beer company in a better world with their Anheuser-Busch InBev colleagues worldwide. From Newfoundland to British Columbia, Labatt's 3,000 employees brew about 60 local and world-known beers. Anheuser-Busch InBev is the leading global brewer, managing a portfolio of more than 200 brands.
Labatt is one of Canada's most recognized brands and most respected corporations. We take responsibility for improving the world where we do business, and together we find ways of putting social responsibility into action. We're also committed to building a company for the long-term with a legacy to be proud of – for the people who work for us and with us; for future generations and the environment; and above all for our consumers.
- Accountable for all environmental health and safety aspects of the brewery.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining written EHS programs, policies and procedures.
- Ensuring EHS compliance with municipal, provincial and federal regulations.
- Preparing and submitting National Pollutant Release Inventory (NPRI) report.
- Performing safety compliance audits to meet required standards.
- Monitoring, measuring and reporting environmental and safety performance to Zone and Global office.
- Preparing and submitting annual reporting requirements as defined by the Nova Scotia Environment Approval to Operate.
- Providing training to employees on company procedures (new hire on boarding, refresher training, etc.)
- Monitoring and auditing safety performance to support compliance SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Leading/assisting applicable onsite committees.
- Liaising with regional disability claims manager, monitoring the performance and assisting with "early and safe return to work program" where required.
- Providing assistance to supervisors in incident investigations, identifying root causes, reporting, documenting and follow-up.
- Providing coaching and counseling on safety related issues to all levels of the business.
- Maintaining the ES manual data base.
- University Degree
- Certified Safety Professional or Certified Industrial Hygiene designations are considered an asset.
- 3 -5 years experience in managing and auditing occupational health and safety programs within a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety Act and Regulations of Nova Scotia.
- Knowledge of all levels of environmental regulations.
- Occupational Health and Safety training or courses related to industrial environmental aspects (wastewater, air emissions, and solid waste management)
- Knowledge of wastewater treatment processes
- Strong knowledge of Environmental Health & Safety legislation and policies
Labatt Breweries of Canada LP is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.