Corporate Affairs Trainee Intern (Summer 2019)
For more than 160 years, Labatt has created enduring bonds with consumers as they share memorable experiences while enjoying iconic brands like Alexander Keith's, Labatt Blue, Budweiser and Stella Artois.
Labatt employees share the dream of becoming the best, most profitable beer company in a better world with their Anheuser-Busch InBev colleagues worldwide. From Newfoundland to British Columbia, Labatt's 3,000 employees brew about 60 local and world-known beers. Anheuser-Busch InBev is the leading global brewer, managing a portfolio of more than 200 brands.
Labatt is one of Canada's most recognized brands and most respected corporations. We take responsibility for improving the world where we do business, and together we find ways of putting social responsibility into action. We're also committed to building a company for the long-term with a legacy to be proud of – for the people who work for us and with us; for future generations and the environment; and above all for our consumers.
At Labatt and AB Inbev, we constantly push ourselves to do and achieve more. It's an attitude that's fueled our global growth, inspired our brands and built our heritage. If you share our attitude, come share our dream!
The Corporate Affairs Trainee Intern is an intensive 16 week program that attracts the brightest, most driven individuals who can take on challenging projects in a variety of business functions. We are seeking out individuals with a wide variety of skills that will not only make an impact during their internship, but could be converted to a full time hire. Positions for hire include a full-time role or a spot within one of our new graduate rotational programs; these include but are not limited to our Global Management Trainee Program, Sales Trainee Program, Logistics Trainee Program and Brewery Trainee Program.
- Collaborate to complete a corporate-directed project in a specified area, such as better world, PR strategy, etc.
- You will participate in routine management of the Corporate Affairs Excellence Program to ensure compliance across the pillars and in-line with corporate affairs standards
- Track and monitor corporate reputation campaigns (i.e. Better World activities and corporate donations) that align with the Zones / Global strategy
- Assist in the coordination of corporate announcements, Senior Leaders' calls, government relations hosting events (Ontario) and internal events.
- Assist Corporate Affairs department with data entry, filing and other activities as necessary
- Craft and deliver end-of-internship presentation to Corporate Affairs team based on the project(s) you worked on during the course of your internship
- Develop and demonstrate an understanding of each function through cross-functional exposure by liaising with individuals in each group.
- You have strengths both working independently as well as part of a team.
- You are pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, Science, Liberal Arts or a related field.
- It is a huge plus if you have previous work experience in related field to the internship you seek.
- You consider yourself to be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and you are passionate to deliver results
- Analytical thinker and consider yourself a strong problem solver
- Mobility to move across Canada for your potential future role (whether full-time or into one of our various Talent Programs) is a key requirement of the position.
Apply now at www.labattjobs.com (Please apply via our website in order to complete compulsory testing).
Accessibility: Labatt Brewing Company Limited is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.