Casual Packaging Operator - Halifax
About our Company
Labatt has a big dream. It’s to be the Best Beer Company Bringing People Together for a Better World. Some say we’re already there. After all, Labatt is Canada’s number one brewer. With 60 amazing brands from Budweiser to Shocktop, we’ve got great tastes and great times covered. Labatt is also part of AB InBev, the number one brewer worldwide, with 155,000 colleagues across 25 countries.
Why Join Us
Labatt is a dynamic place to call home. From BC to Newfoundland, this is where the best work hard to become even better. If you’re looking for a team where achievement and talent are what count, then look no further. We’re crafting up better beer, better experiences, a better environment and better communities for Canadians than ever before.
1 – Operating Packaging Machines
- Performing product change overs, CIP’s on the filler(s), packaging sanitation and equipment sanitation.
- Controlling computerized panels with packaging indicators showing progress along the production line.
- Participate in and assist with equipment troubleshooting activities
- Tracking packaging materials for usage/loss rates and maintaining packaging machine logs and participating in process improvement initiatives
2 – Packaging Quality Control
- Performing quality control checks and ensuring that product passes by machines in the proper condition.
- Ensuring packaging machines are in running condition, which involves basic cleaning and maintenance, minor repairs, and troubleshooting, such as oiling and greasing equipment as required.
- Reporting large or complex problems to supervisor, management, or the maintenance team
3 – Compliance
- Ensuring all legislated and company issued policies/SOPs are followed. Governing bodies include and are not limited to Work Safe, GMP, and WHIMS etc.
- Operate according to Standard procedures (SOP) for equipment and quality. Participate in creation or improvement of SOPs
- Actively participating in relevant environment Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) programs/initiatives, complying with environmental health and safety standards and procedures, and acts in a manner consistent with TPBC’s health and safety policy, which includes wearing required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times while in production facility.
4 - Other:
- Communicating with coworkers, supervisors, and management, either face-to-face, via Brewery phones, and radio. Must carry radio as required.
- Willing and able to train on multiple pieces of equipment
- Provide on-the-job training to other employees where required.
- Other duties as assigned when not operating equipment.
- Experience in a production/manufacturing environment, preferably in a brewery, or in the wine/spirits, food and beverage, or CPG industry.
- Valid Forklift License considered an asset
- Mechanical aptitude required.
- Ability to work autonomously and with a strong sense of ownership a must.
- Advanced organizational skills in planning, prioritizing and time management.
- Strong computer and systems-literate skills.
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and effective decision making skills.
- Valid Level 1 First Aid Certificate preferred.
- Open to learning and improving own skills with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to tolerate summer/winter temperature conditions in Production Environment.
- Willing to work Overtime as required for production completion
- Shift work is required
Labatt Breweries of Canada LP is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.