Casual Operator (Summer Student)
About the Company
For more than 160 years, Labatt has created enduring bonds with consumers as they share memorable experiences while enjoying iconic brands like Alexander Keith’s, Labatt Blue, Budweiser and Stella Artois.
Labatt employees share the dream of becoming the best, most profitable beer company in a better world with their Anheuser-Busch InBev colleagues worldwide. From Newfoundland to British Columbia, Labatt’s 3,000 employees brew about 60 local and world-known beers. Anheuser-Busch InBev is the leading global brewer, managing a portfolio of more than 200 brands.
Labatt is one of Canada’s most recognized brands and most respected corporations. We take responsibility for improving the world where we do business, and together we find ways of putting social responsibility into action. We’re also committed to building a company for the long-term with a legacy to be proud of – for the people who work for us and with us; for future generations and the environment; and above all for our consumers.
- Ensure all staff at the brewery are performing tasks according to our safety guidelines and participate in the on-going adherence and improvement of the safety program.
- Perform quality control, ensure quality assurance program is met and participate in the on-going improvement of the quality program.
- Perform brewing operations according to schedule across all areas of brewing processes listed above.
- Brewery 5S.
- Facilitate brewery/brand education experiences (includes safety, quality, brewing process, brewing romance, history, marketing, etc.) for non-brewing staff, external stakeholders, customers, consumers, media, social media, sales team, etc.
- Troubleshooting production issues, finding solutions, executing solutions, reporting and documenting resolution when required. Execution can include but is not limited to: maintenance repairs; contacting, coordinating and overseeing a third party repair; researching the repair with a user manual or service number; sourcing spare part; etc.
- Physical Material handling:
- Handling of brewing materials (specialist malts, hops, etc.) upwards to 25 kg;
- Empty and full kegs (58 L kegs weigh 62kg when full);
- Manual keg cleaning and filling system;
- Manually palletize / de-palletize of packaging material; glass bottles, cans, growlers and different sizes keg; etc.
- Travel the “ship’s ladder”, move within constricted spaces;
- Computer data entry, brewery procedure creation and ongoing revisions.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills as this role required an intimate team of brewers to work closely together as well as interactions with the sales, marketing, the public, students, different client groups, social media, etc.
- Ability to speak in public.
- Demonstrate strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to learn quickly; both alone through self-teaching or with assistances from a knowledgeable source.
- Ability to work safely and efficiently independently and in a team.
- Strong time management skills.
- Willingness and desire to perform maintenance tasks of various scales.
We are committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience
Heads up! Employers know that top students and grads use TalentEgg. When you apply, don't forget to indicate that you found this job on TalentEgg.