Brewing Operator - Temporary
About our Company
Labatt has a big dream. It’s to be the Best Beer Company Bringing People Together for a Better World. Some say we’re already there. After all, Labatt is Canada’s number one brewer. With 60 amazing brands from Budweiser to Shocktop, we’ve got great tastes and great times covered. Labatt is also part of AB InBev, the number one brewer worldwide, with 155,000 colleagues across 25 countries.
Why Join Us
Labatt is a dynamic place to call home. From BC to Newfoundland, this is where the best work hard to become even better. If you’re looking for a team where achievement and talent are what count, then look no further. We’re crafting up better beer, better experiences, a better environment and better communities for Canadians than ever before.
- Operate equipment on a high-speed beer Operation of all Brewhouse equipment with computer/PLC interface
- Demonstrated ability to learn RSView and other software used in the Brewing Process.
- Good decision making skills based on the feedback from information provided by the PLC interface and other related information
- Material handling: transfer, milling and weighing of grain
- Responsible for day to day process in brewing (Mashing, lautering, boiling, cooling)
- Operating of Brew Water System (including acid injection)
- Record keeping – detailed reports of Brewhouse parameters and maintaining accurate and complete HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points) records
- Daily housekeeping in Brewhouse and intensive weekly cleaning of Brewhouse equipment and vessels
- Repair and overhaul duties throughout the year
- Understand and use standard operation procedures (SOPs)
- Quality sampling, testing and record keeping related to the brewing process as required
- High school diploma or equivalent. Post-secondary education considered an asset
- Willing and able to work shift work (days, afternoons and midnights), overtime, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to engage in physical activities and manual labour, as required, including but not limited to: prolonged standing, walking, lifting, pushing, pulling and bending
- Prior production, warehouse, or related experience preferred; mechanical aptitude a plus
- Outstanding work ethic with exceptional discipline, attendance, and safety record
- Ability to follow health and safety rules and procedures
- Ability to work independently and take the initiative
- Demonstrated teamwork and ability to work cooperatively with co-workers and managers
- Willingness and ability to learn; flexible and adaptable to change
- Willingness and ability to learn; think analytically day-to-day & participate in problem-solving teams
- High energy and initiative, with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic computer skills with an understanding of Microsoft Office programs
Labatt Breweries of Canada LP is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.