Technical Sales representative
KEYENCE Corporation Company Overview
·Founded in Japan in 1974, Keyence Corporation has steadily grown to become a leading force in industrial automation technologies, serving over 300,000 customers in 110 countries worldwide.
·Keyence has expanded into an efficient global network of 230 direct sales offices in forty-six countries, with annual sales of $4.9 Billion, and 8,380 employees worldwide.
·Keyence Canada was established in 2004. We have offices in Mississauga, Montreal and Windsor and are actively hiring to further cultivate existing markets to continue to grow our business.
At Keyence, we pride ourselves on providing a wide variety of manufacturers the world's best automation technologies. We are not satisfied to merely offer the world's best technologies. We know that the true key to our success is our highly trained, direct sales force. KEYENCE is committed to providing its customers with the most professional, consultative sales force and support staff in any industry.
The Opportunity for You
·The Technical Sales representative position with Keyence Canada is the premier opportunity for you to learn consultative, application-based sales. We have an established training and mentoring program that will gives you the knowledge and skills to succeed.
·At Keyence Canada, our sales professionals work in a highly professional and fast-paced office an average of two days a week, while three days a week they visit manufacturers in a sales territory.
We consult face-to-face on solving customers’ critical quality control, reliability, research, or design applications. Keyence products are highly technical, you will receive the training to become an expert on our products, solving applications, following our pro-active sales process, and conducting successful sales consultations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide technical consultation and service to customers to help solve their applications using Keyence’s products in a variety of industries. Selecting and promoting the proper company products/services for their application.
- Travel to customer locations 3 days per week and successfully sell products into a wide variety of manufacturing & related industries.
- Coordinate account strategy and contribute to territory’s strategic plan.
- Work directly with customers to understand their business operations and provide face-to-face consultations to add value to their organization through implementation of KEYENCE products.
- Demonstrate a high degree of flexibility in adapting to KEYENCE’s expectations and the challenges customers present you.
- Other duties or projects, as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree. (Engineering is an asset)
- Ability to listen and pro-actively react to customer questions and requests.
- Goal-oriented and hard working with a desire to make a measurable contribution to Keyence Canada’s success.
- Desire to better yourself through our intensive training, mentorship, engaged management, and pro-active, process-oriented sales approach.
- Willingness to travel 60% of the time, including the possibility of overnight travel.
- Must have own vehicle and a Valid Driver’s License.
- Bilingualism (Native French Speaker/English) for positions in Montreal.
Why work for Keyence?
• Recognized by Forbes - World’s Top 100 as “Most Innovative” company 8 years in a row
• Promote from Within Culture, Keyence Hires into Entry-Level only
• Competitive compensation – Potential 80,000 to 95,000 annual compensation in Year 1
• Health coverage for you and your family. Medical, Dental and Vision.
• 2-week vacation
• Paid shut down period from Dec 25 until the New Year
• PAID training (3 months) & development program
• Fully Paid Travel Expenses
• Group RRSP plan after 1 year with Keyence
• Great Work Life balance – Hybrid way of working
Earnings Potential: $65k Base Salary + Potential $20K Bonus
Position requires the ability to lift and carry 30 – 90 lbs. of demonstration equipment in and out of vehicles and through customer locations with or without reasonable accommodation(s). Incumbents are expected to demonstrate flexibility to a wide variety of manufacturing environments in terms of level of cleanliness, temperature, and/or noise. Incumbents must also abide by all safety regulations in offices and customer locations, including wearing safety clothing and/or gear whenever required.
Keyence Canada is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in employment and ensures equal opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, religion, color, place of origin, ancestry, citizenship, nationality, ethnic origin, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, use of any means to palliate any disability, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, record of offences (as defined in applicable human rights legislation), veteran status, liability for service in the armed forces, political convictions, language, social condition, civil status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If, due to disability, you are unable to complete this online application, please fax your request for a reasonable accommodation or expression of interest to (905)366-1122.