Karrot is one of the world's largest and fastest growing community marketplaces with a mission to connect neighbours to foster a warm and vibrant community.
Since our launch in May 2015, we have amassed over 20 million downloads and 18 million monthly active users spending on average 20 minutes per day. We have a team of over 200 employees supporting regional operations in Korea, Japan, UK and Canada.
We have raised $162 million in a Series D round of funding at a valuation of $2.7 billion, joining a growing list of unicorns in South Korea with $205 million total raised. This round of funding was led by DST Global, with additional participation from Aspex Management and existing investors such as Goodwater Capital, Altos Ventures and SoftBank Ventures Asia.
About the role:
We are looking for a passionate, hardworking Growth Marketing Executive to accelerate Karrot’s growth in Canada. This involves identifying new market opportunities, taking a community-based approach to build a loyal customer base, and running campaigns to create a vibrant marketplace.
The Growth Marketing Executive will work closely within the Growth team while carrying out independent region-specific projects. The successful candidate will play a critical role in the growth of one of Karrot’s newest and biggest opportunities. The Growth Marketing Executive is someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, has a passion for the Karrot product and is always leveraging opportunities to amplify the Karrot brand.
This role would be a good fit for a candidate that possesses the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, is passionate about building stronger communities through connecting neighbours, and has the ability and drive to build a beloved consumer brand.
- Understand and identify the opportunities for Karrot in Canada.
- Run growth marketing campaigns - reaching out to get the first 1,000 individual sellers.
- Speak to users to understand their needs.
- Share Karrot’s neighborhood marketplace app on online forums, buy/sell groups, and local community pages.
- Update team with daily progress reports on partnership opportunities and ongoing projects on Slack channel.
- Proactively chase partnership opportunities and negotiate mutually beneficial collaborations.
- A Karrot user and/or familiar with using the Karrot app and its features.
- Passionate about the world of online buying and selling
- A love for technology and curious about the latest innovations in mobile applications.
- Quick learner who can adapt to a fast-paced and often unpredictable working environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Proficient in Excel and other data analysis tools.
- Even if you don't meet all of the qualifications above, we would still love to hear from you. If you think you've got what it takes to thrive in this role, please apply.