Account Assistant, Commercial & Personal Lines Insurance
Location: Greater Toronto Area
Jones DesLauriers is a Navacord broker partner, one of Canada’s largest commercial insurance brokers. Navacord is a leading insurance and risk management brokerage created to keep the Canadian entrepreneurial spirit alive. Led by a passionate and engaged partnership group, Navacord Broker Partners are committed to the success of their clients by delivering expert advice in an increasingly complex world which allows them to face the future with confidence.
Jones DesLauriers Insurance Management Inc. is looking for talent in the insurance industry! We are seeking passionate and committed individuals who want to start a career in commercial or personal insurance. You will have the opportunity to launch your career by starting at an administrative role where you will learn commercial and/or personal insurance skills to advance your career. As an Account Assistant, you will be responsible to: input new business and build marketing documents, set-up new business proposals and attend to other administrative duties to enhance the team’s effectiveness.
What you will get in return:
A compensation package including a competitive salary, bonus structure, and other benefits like:
- Additional Time Off. We value our people’s well-being and recognize that sometimes, life happens. As such, we offer extra time off to allow for better work-life balance (e.g. early leave before long weekends, birthdays off, personal days).
- Employee Recognition Program. To let our people know we value their hard work, we like to provide a little extra recognition. Every quarter, top performers have the chance to earn a little extra money, and even have a chance to go on our grand prize of a fully expensed trip!
- Mental Health Support. We care about our people and make a point of letting them know. We have established an employee assistance program in partnership with LifeWorks for available counselling sessions, webinars, and information about mental health. We feel this is an important service to have available, as everybody needs a little support from time to time.
- Career Growth Opportunities. We realize that ambition is an important driver for passionate individuals. When our employees put their best foot forward, we recognize it and look at ways of how we can help them progress and achieve their career goals.
- Education Costs Fully Covered. It is not a secret that education costs start adding up quickly. However, we also know the value of expanding your knowledge in not only career growth, but also personal growth. We encourage this, and cover 100% of the costs of any classes you take as you progress within the insurance space.
- Sales Training & Mentorship. We believe that when someone feels comfortable in their position, it will help bring out their best personal performance. We provide on-going training and mentorship to help you develop your career in sales.
- Work/Life Balance. A hybrid work environment giving employees the flexibility to work up to 50% of the time remotely during the week.
What you will do:
- Issue certificates of insurance for approval from Account Manager
- Generate/issue liability slips for renewals, endorsements and new business
- Assist with processing documents: renewals, endorsements, and new business
- Run MVRs/driver abstracts, CVOR, etc.
- Generate applications/forms (e.g. SOV, Profits Worksheets etc.) as directed by the Account Manager
- Assist with the maintenance of the summary of insurance
- Update premium comparisons, summaries, executive summaries as directed by an Account Manager
- Input and update of claims and new clients’ information into EPIC (Sales Tracking System)
- Assist with performing Auto Quotes on Compu-Quote when required
- Assist with sending renewal requests to clients 100 days in advance as directed by the Account Manager
- Check policy documents against binders issued
- Creating policy binders for Account Managers
- Assist with processing of mail and endorsements for the team
- Other duties as assigned
What you bring to the role:
- University degree or college diploma preferred (or equivalent experience)
- Exceptional customer service skills and a commitment to providing an outstanding experience to our clients
- A self-starter with strong written and oral communication skills as well as organizational skills
- Superb interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Advanced proficiency with MS Outlook, Excel, and Word
Additional nice to haves (these are not requirements to be considered for the position):
- 1 year of previous insurance experience
- Familiarity with the EPIC brokerage software application
- A Registered Insurance Broker of Ontario (RIBO) License or a commitment to getting one - learn more at https://www.ribo.com/
- Working towards your Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) or Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker (CAIB) designation
For all those interested in joining a successful, growing, and caring organization with plenty of career growth opportunity, then we encourage you to apply by submitting your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can learn more about Jones DesLauriers and all their opportunities at: https://jdimi.com/
JDIMI is actively committed to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. We serve and recognize and respect human differences and similarities. We value the diversity of people and actively encourage women, indigenous peoples, members of visible minorities, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ2+) persons to apply.