Volunteer Program Manager (SDI Program Manager)
- Responsible for the oversight; monitoring, reporting, and implementation of the SDI project plan, including:
- Plan and implement a service delivery model that supports the integration process of newcomers into the community and society-at-large.
- Support strategic planning and the development of objectives, measurable outcomes and work plans.
- Manages the budget for the SDI grant, including fund allocation, account attribution, cash flow updates and reporting.
- Recruits, hires, manages, disciplines, and provides leadership to the program team and volunteers.
- Oversees the creation and implementation of the volunteer training program, and ensure appropriate supports are in place for a positive, meaningful volunteer experience
- Manages marketing and outreach to potential volunteers through social and printed media, cold calls and in-person presentations to relevant organizations, communities, private individuals, etc.
- Organizes investments to support service provider organizations in harnessing volunteers and generating innovative approaches to improve service delivery efficiency and effectiveness, and to better respond to newcomer needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in social services related field or interdisciplinary studies.
- Minimum 3 years of related experience including program management and/or supervising experience.
- Demonstrate experience in program operations and development, program budget management, evaluation and grant reporting.
- Knowledge and experience working in the Not-for-Profit Sector.
- Experience in managing volunteers and/or employees.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and social media
- Committed to program evaluation; skilled in qualitative and quantitative analysis and research.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
- Fluency in Russian, Hebrew and other languages is an asset.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and résumé to hr@ jiastoronto.org. This position will remain active until it is filled.
JIAS Toronto is conveniently located at 4600 Bathurst Street in Toronto. On the premises you will find free parking, a daycare centre and a gym.
At JIAS Toronto, we welcome, support and integrate immigrants today to build a strong Canada and a strong Jewish Community of tomorrow. JIAS Toronto is committed to the principle of equal opportunity employment. Accommodations during all phases of the hire process will be made wherever possible. Please advise us if any accommodations are required.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about JIAS Toronto, please visit: www.jiastoronto.org.
To apply to this role, please send your resume and cover letter to email: email@example.com.