Jewish Federation of Greater Vancouver is seeking someone to work closely with the CEO to help accomplish numerous exciting initiatives and manage administrative activities. The applicant must be able to demonstrate energy, initiative and a strong sense of urgency. A strong understanding of Judaism is not a requirement.
- Document Preparation and Management including composing internal and external correspondences
- Time and Calendar Management including scheduling appointments and meetings, and managing the community calendar
- Meeting Coordination including organizing all necessary arrangements for special events, board meetings and volunteer committees; preparing the monthly board of directors` packages and taking minutes for the monthly meetings; coordinate and schedule appointments using Outlook, providing coordination, preparation and reminders
- Travel Planning including coordinating cost-effective and sometimes complex domestic and international travel arrangements and itineraries for individuals and groups
- Other Responsibilities may include:
- Receiving and screening communication including incoming mail, telephone calls and e-mail messages, and provide assistance using independent judgement to determine those that require priority attention.
- Updating the databases
- Other duties as required
Competencies and Characteristics
- Excellent business writing and oral communication skills in English
- Able to manage a high volume of work
- Team player with highly developed interpersonal and organizational skills
- Superior level of accuracy and confidentiality
- Sound judgment and diplomacy in dealing with staff, board and community members
- Available for evening meetings and events
- Positive, proactive, team focused attitude and a desire to do whatever it takes are essential
- Proficient in organizational software and Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point
Please send your resumes directly to Laura Braude, Campaign Director at email@example.com. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
TalentEgg will send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org