Senior Fundraising Coordinator
Senior Fundraising Coordinator
If you are looking to make a real difference in the lives of more than 300,000 Canadians living with type 1 diabetes (T1D), then we are the organization for you! As a Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) employee, you will join a global leader in the search for an end to T1D. At JDRF, we realize that a cure is not just a destination but a journey. Our goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives. JDRF is the largest charitable supporter of T1D research working towards better treating, preventing and eventually curing T1D.
We’re currently searching for a passionate Senior Fundraising Coordinator who will be the main point of contact for all Quebec City fundraising including volunteer committees. This is a part-time (4 days – 30 hours per week) position working out of the Montreal office. As an integral part of the JDRF team, you will be responsible for driving support for the Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF, philanthropy in the Quebec City region and implementing the community engagement program in this area. You will serve as a passionate ambassador for JDRF, engaging new volunteers, families, event participants, organizations and foundations.
Key accountabilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Achieving fundraising targets for the Quebec City area
- Implementing best practices in peer-to-peer fundraising, increasing participation and event revenue
- Inspiring, motivating, stewarding and managing a portfolio of fundraisers
- Identifying new development opportunities and new prospects to grow the Quebec City portfolio
- Managing volunteer committees, providing ongoing communication to motivate volunteers
- Implementing an effective donor stewardship and recognition plan in line with national plans
- Working in partnership with National Director, Community Engagement and Regional Community Engagement Specialist to engage those living with T1D and their families and to promote JDRF programs
- Working in partnership with regional corporate engagement and event experience teams to achieve the overall event objectives
- Co-developing and executing stewardship and recognition events for the Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF participants
- Tracking all constituent relationship activity in JDRF’s CRM
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? If you have the following qualifications, we’d love to hear from you!
- Bilingual in French and English
- University or College degree combined with 2-3 years of experience in fundraising and/or sales
- Strong written and oral communication skills in order to successfully interact with external stakeholders and staff within the organization
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, problem solving and planning skills are required
- Self-starter, capable of identifying the need for and taking independent action
- Ability to develop cooperative working relationships and work both in a team environment as well as independently
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft office and experience working with a CRM
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel to Quebec City as required (approximately 20%)
- Flexibility to attend evening and weekend events
This is a part-time (4 days – 30 hours per week) position.
Ready to make an impact? Submit your application today!
JDRF is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. A request for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.