Senior Fundraising Coordinator
Senior Fundraising Coordinator
If you are looking to make a real difference in the lives of more than 300,000 Canadians living with type 1 diabetes (T1D), then we are the organization for you! As a Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) employee, you will join a global leader in the search for an end to T1D. At JDRF, we realize that a cure is not just a destination but a journey. Our goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives. JDRF is the largest charitable supporter of T1D research working towards better treating, preventing and eventually curing T1D.
We’re currently searching for a passionate Senior Fundraising Coordinator who will be the main point of contact for all Kamloops fundraising including Kamloops volunteer committees. This position will work out of our Burnaby (Vancouver) office. As an integral part of the JDRF team, you will be responsible for developing, cultivating and stewarding our supporters to continued success and growth within the provincial third party and gala portfolio.
Key accountabilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Achieving fundraising targets for Kamloops fundraisings activities
- Implementing best practices in peer-to-peer fundraising, increasing participation and event revenue growth in Kamloops
- Inspiring, motivating, stewarding and managing a portfolio of Kamloops fundraisers
- Managing Kamloops volunteer committees, providing ongoing communication to motivate volunteers
- Working closely with the Event Logistics team to support the gala and drive ticket/table sales
- Implementing an effective donor stewardship and recognition plan in line with national plans
- Building, growing and managing meaningful and effective relationships with third party event donors by providing event support and excellent customer service
- Representing JDRF at third party events
- Identifying opportunities to maximize third party event potential, including meeting and exceeding the fundraising revenue
- Working collaboratively with all JDRF teams to ensure a successful outcome of all events
- Ensuring all third party events meet JDRF and CRA requirements
- Tracking all constituent relationship activity in JDRF’s CRM
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? If you have the following qualifications, we’d love to hear from you!
- University or College degree in Sales, Business Management, Fundraising or related discipline
- 2-3 years’ experience in a non-profit environment or high relationship-based environment
- Experience leading large scale event planning, in volunteer management and in fundraising
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented with the ability to work within tight timelines and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Customer-service focused with strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to positively interact with team members, donors and leadership members
- Knowledgeable and skilled at developing relationships with volunteers
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft office; experience with a CRM system
- Flexibility to travel throughout the region (up to 20%) and to attend evening and weekend events
Ready to make an impact? Submit your application today!
JDRF is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. A request for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.