Senior Financial Analyst
Senior Financial Analyst
If you are looking to make a real difference in the lives of more than 300,000 Canadians living with type 1 diabetes (T1D), then we are the organization for you! As a Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) employee, you will join a global leader in the search for an end to T1D. At JDRF, we realize that a cure is not just a destination but a journey. Our goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives. JDRF is the largest charitable supporter of T1D research working towards treating, preventing and eventually curing T1D.
We’re currently searching for a collaborative Senior Financial Analyst to support the financial planning and analysis for JDRF. In this role, you will perform a variety of financial accounting responsibilities and support the financial management of the foundation.
Key accountabilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Partnering with regional/departmental senior management to produce the annual budget and quarterly forecasts; including supporting schedules and making recommendations for improvements to the process
- Preparing and analyzing monthly financial statements and regional reports (revenue, expenses, capital, etc.)
- Providing insightful financial variance analysis including insight into potential revenue opportunities by reviewing historical trends and CRM data
- Providing financial modeling as required to support the forecast and budget process as well as new business initiatives
- Understanding the organizational, regional and departmental strategies, changes to strategies and impact on budgetary needs and challenges and provide summary of risks and opportunities to National Director, Finance
- Leading the external audits by ensuring working papers are complete, accurate and provided within designated timelines
- Preparing journal entries, including month-end and year-end closing
- Preparing account reconciliations and working papers for the external audit
- Collaborating closely with Finance colleagues to ensure excellent service is provided to internal clients
- Developing and recommending revisions to current accounting policies and procedures and ensuring that all policies and procedures are documented and communicated to relevant stakeholders
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? If you have the following qualifications, we’d love to hear from you!
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in financial reporting, forecasting, planning and analysis in a similar environment (preferably in the charity/non-profit sector)
- CPA or relevant accounting designation is required
- Advanced knowledge and experience in MS Excel (i.e. Pivot, Formula, Vlookup, Financial Modelling, etc.), and with other Microsoft Office programs
- Technically savvy with the ability to quickly learn new systems; familiarity with a CRM system is an asset
- Knowledge of CRA tax receipt guidelines is an asset
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with the ability to collaborate professionally with all colleagues
- Enthusiastic self-starter who appreciates JDRF’s collaborative, team-focused environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities needed to analyze financial issues and to make sound financial decisions
- Solutions-oriented with the ability to take initiative to solve issues, but also know when to escalate
- Superior organization skills, ability to multi-task & set timely priorities, results oriented and self-motivated
- Extremely detail oriented and able to work with time-sensitive and confidential information
JDRF is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. A request for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.