Corporate Engagement Specialist
Corporate Engagement Specialist
If you are looking to make a real difference in the lives of more than 300,000 Canadians living with type 1 diabetes (T1D), then we are the organization for you! As a Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) employee, you will join a global leader in the search for an end to T1D. At JDRF, we realize that a cure is not just a destination but a journey. Our goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives. JDRF is the largest charitable supporter of T1D research working towards better treating, preventing and eventually curing T1D.
We’re currently searching for a self-motivated Corporate Engagement Specialist to grow corporate engagement in the Eastern Region. This is a temporary full-time contract position running until April 2020. In this role, you will identify suitable corporate prospects for priority projects, solicit sponsorship and corporate tables/teams and secure new, high value partnerships. You will work collaboratively to achieve maximum value for JDRF, drive stewardship activities for existing partnerships, and oversee all activation in the region.
Key accountabilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Identifying and soliciting corporate prospects, approaching potential partners with the intent to meet their business objectives and representing all ways to support JDRF corporately
- Working in partnership with the National Director, Corporate Partnerships, to maximize corporate support across the country
- Working closely with the local Peer-to-Peer Fundraising managers to maximize corporate support across the Eastern Region
- Developing compelling proposals and presentations for prospective partnerships in line with national corporate strategies
- Identifying prospects for national, regional and local opportunities
- Responsible for meeting revenue goals to generate increased funds for mission-related purposes
- Overseeing a portfolio of prospects serving as the main internal contact for assigned partnership to allow streamlined communication both within the region and across the country
- Responsible for regional implementation of sponsorship activation agreements
- Providing quarterly partner review sessions with the National Corporate partnership team
- Writing detailed contact reports after each donor visit to maintain records for overall partnership history
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? If you have the following qualifications, we’d love to hear from you!
- Bilingual in English and French
- University or College degree in Sales, Business Management, Fundraising or related discipline
- 3-5 years of proven experience in a non-profit environment or high relationship-based environment
- Demonstrated progressive corporate development/sales experience
- Past success implementing processes to build/cultivate donor relationships and growing stewardship processes
- Ability to successfully guide and execute partnerships from in kind to $65,000
- Knowledge and skill in developing relationships in a corporate environment
- Position demands the ability to positively interact internally as a team member, as well as externally with donors and leadership members
- Strong written and oral communication skills, self-motivated, goal-oriented, personable and service-oriented
- Ability to work within a tight timeline and prioritize in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft office and experience with a CRM
- Some flexibility to travel throughout the region (20%) and to attend evening and weekend events
This is a full-time contract position running until April 2020
Ready to make an impact? Submit your application today!
JDRF is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. A request for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.