If you are looking to make a real difference in the lives of more than 300,000 Canadians living with type 1 diabetes (T1D), then we are the organization for you! As a Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) employee, you will join a global leader in the search for an end to T1D. At JDRF, we realize that a cure is not just a destination but a journey. Our goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives. JDRF is the largest charitable supporter of T1D research working towards treating, preventing and eventually curing T1D.
We’re currently searching for a team-oriented Administrative Assistant to support the Prairie Region in our Winnipeg office with general administrative duties, event and fundraising administration and customer service support.
Key accountabilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- General administrative tasks including mail merges, meeting minutes, preparing cheque requisitions, petty cash monitoring and reconciliation, ordering office supplies, etc.
- Assist staff in the development and implementation of fundraising projects including volunteer coordination, logistics and correspondence support
- Pre-Event, Event Day and Post-Event administration (e.g. invitations, name tags, kit/materials preparation, registration coordination, thank you certificates, thank you letters with receipts, etc.)
- High-level customer service support to all donors, volunteers and regional team members
- Prepare gift processing forms and deposit cash for donations received at regional office
- Support, prepare and coordinate social media content and updates for the region
- Support community and leadership volunteers as required
- Assist with maintaining database management systems
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? If you have the following qualifications, we’d love to hear from you!
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in an administrative support role, including experience in data management
- College diploma in general administration or related discipline preferred
- Demonstrated ability and flexibility to work cooperatively in a team environment as well as independently when needed
- Self-starter, capable of identifying the need for and taking action
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to professionally interact with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, problem solving and planning skills
- Social media experience
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
JDRF is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. A request for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.