Unit Claims Manager, Centralized Payment Team
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that inspires each of us to be the best we can be. Join our team and make a difference!
It's About People #IntactCareers
Behind every one of our products and services is a team of motivated, intelligent and hard-working employees. As the largest provider of property and casualty insurance in the country, every one of our 12,000 employees believes that our customer service focus is second to none - and you will too!
We're a financially strong and stable Canadian company who is the proven leader in our industry - and we're looking for you!
Do you have a flair for leading and motivating a team? Are you able to maintain a strong customer focused approach while advising on solutions for internal and external sources? Are you looking for a financially strong and stable company? Do you want to work in an environment that believes in growth and development and offers various career opportunities?
We are looking for a Unit Claims Manager for the Central Payment Team, within Accident Benefits, in the Toronto office. You will be responsible for managing and controlling the operations, in an effort to meet organization objectives. You will provide technical expertise and leadership to ensure efficient and effective work processes, quality service while ensuring continuous improvement. You will assist in directing resources within budgeted allocation and ensures adherence to corporate policies and standards.
- Provide leadership and manage the operations of the Claims Unit to achieve key business goals. Assist in the selection process and hiring of employees that will deliver a superior level of customer service to all our clients. This includes: communicating corporate philosophy, vision, and values; motivating staff to participate in Unit objectives; continuously keeping them informed of changes or new directions; and soliciting feedback regarding operations. Identifies and coordinates assignments within the Unit.
- Facilitate continuous learning and development. Conduct on going monthly productivity and quality audits and delivers feedback as part of coaching sessions.
- Ensure that corporate policies, claims standards, and procedures are followed.
- Maintain effective communication channels with other departments. Liaise with other claims experts or management on technical and administrative issues.
- Audit staff files and provide feedback and/or training as determined by this exercise. Where required, establishes controls based on audit findings. Participates in the development and implementation of business plans for the Unit.
- Monitor and Validate work performed to achieve improvements, maintain or improve productivity and identify trends and issues
- Minimum 2 years of management experience or equivalent work experience
- Leadership skills including ability to motivate and coach subordinates
- Strong technical skills in claims is an asset
- Analytical skills to deal with policy, legal and regulatory interpretation and implementation
- Strong communication and customer service skills including diplomacy and tact.
- University degree/college diploma preferred or equivalent business experience
- Completion or actively pursuing Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That's why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees.
If you need a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
Before receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to a background check if it's a requirement for the role. This may include: verifying work references, validating education and credentials, employment verification, identity checks, reviewing credit reports, as well as criminal and driving record checks.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
This posting closes on August 14, 2019 at 11:59 pm.
It's important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.