Underwriting Assistant, Commercial Lines [12-month Contract Opportunity]
We're here to help people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. We're focused on what matters to our customers. We listen and connect. We make their problems our problems. We strive to understand what they're going through. We build products with them in mind and offer solutions that help. And we deliver on our promises. We believe that insurance is not about things, it's about people.
A career in Insurance has never been this exciting.
Evolving consumer expectations and technology have helped to shape a new vision for our industry - and we are leading the way. Our Technology teams are reshaping the way we do business and setting new industry benchmarks. Our Claims representatives are helping customers to get back on track after they experience a loss. Our product teams are developing products that protect people and businesses so they can focus on what matters to them most.
Our success story is written by our passion for living our values and creating a better tomorrow. We're re-writing the future of insurance - are you ready to be a part of the story?
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that inspires each of us to be the best we can be. Join our team and make a difference!
This is your opportunity!
Intact Insurance writes insurance policies for contracting businesses, light manufacturers, wholesalers, professional service companies, building owners, commercial automobile fleets, and many other types of businesses.
As an Underwriting Assistant in our Commercial Auto Team, you are responsible for underwriting Commercial accounts in order to contribute to a profitable portfolio of business. Excellent data entry and computer skills are required to facilitate the fast paced profitable sales environment.
As an Underwriting Assistant in our Commercial Lines Automobile insurance department, you will:
- Handle insurance policy endorsements and cancellations.
- Answer straightforward inquiries from brokers promptly and courteously.
- Assist Underwriters with administration of complex policies.
- Apply underwriting strategies in accordance with Company guidelines and personal underwriting authority limits.
- Support brokers regarding underwriting and rating policies.
- Work closely to develop and maintain positive business partnerships with brokers and co-workers.
- Use the computer system for policy inquiry, electronic filing, underwriting and rating transactions.
- Make recommendations to improve the department and increase its efficiency.
- One (1) year work experience in insurance and college degree preferred, or equivalent combination of work experience and education.
- Strong typing skills to process daily work.
- Highly organized to manage workflow efficiently without continuous supervision.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Initiative and ability to work under pressure.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft office products and computer tools
- Team player.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That's why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees.
If you need a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
Before receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to a background check if it's a requirement for the role. This may include: verifying work references, validating education and credentials, employment verification, identity checks, reviewing credit reports, as well as criminal and driving record checks.
This posting closes on August 16, 2019.
It's important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.