At Intact, insurance is not about things. It's about people. It's what we believe, and it shapes everything we do. It's why we strive to provide a second-to-none experience for our customers and create an inspiring workplace for our employees to thrive in.
As Canada's largest provider of property and casualty insurance, we're not only leading our industry, but we're redefining what it means to work for it. As a recognized top employer, we're committed to living our values and supporting our dedicated people who bring their best to work each day because they know their work matters.
We're looking for an Underwriter to join our team!
As an Underwriter, your work will have a big impact on our Commercial Auto line of business. People will count on you to underwrite insurance risks and make decisions every day that contribute to profitable growth. You will be customer-focused in everything you do, educating the broker and looking for ways to improve the customer experience. With a strong sales ability, you will develop profitable business relationships with brokers and will be effective in upsell and cross sell activities.
This position is a 6-month employment opportunity based in either Calgary or Edmonton, AB.
Here are a few ways you'll make a difference:
- Participate in broker visits, insurance industry functions and marketing events
- Expand your knowledge, make decisions and provide recommendations
- Help shape the future of Commercial Auto
- Develop your analytical skills in reviewing insurance risks and claims
- Invest in your professional growth and career development
- Minimum two (2) years insurance related experience
- University degree/college diploma or equivalent work experience
- Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation preferred
- Very strong sales and customer service skills
- Self-driven and ability to work well under pressure
Here are a few reasons why others have joined our team:
- An award-winning, inspiring workplace that supports its people and recognizes great work (Canada's Top 100 Employers, Aon Platinum Best Employers, LinkedIn Top Company, Glassdoor Best Place to Work & Top CEO, Indeed Top-Rated Workplaces)
- Stimulating, challenging projects and development opportunities to help you grow your skills and career
- Flexibility in how and where you work
- A comprehensive financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- A casual 'dress for your day' culture that encourages you to be yourself
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That's why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees. If you need a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
Before receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to a background check if it's a requirement for the role. This may include: verifying work references, validating education and credentials, employment verification, identity checks, reviewing credit reports, as well as criminal and driving record checks.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
It's important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.