Underwriter, Commercial Auto
It's About People.
We're here to help people, businesses and society proper in good times and be resilient in bad times. We're focused on what matters to our customers. We listen and connect. We make their problems our problems. We strive to understand what they're going through. We build products with them in mind and offer solutions that help. And we deliver on our promises. We believe that insurance is not about things, it's about people.
A career in Insurance has never been this exciting.
Evolving consumer expectations and technology have helped to shape a new vision for our industry - and we are leading the way. Our Technology teams are reshaping the way we do business and setting new industry benchmarks. Our Claims representatives are helping customers to get back on track after they experience a loss. Our product teams are developing products that protect people and businesses so they can focus on what matters to them most. Our success story is written by our passion for creating a better tomorrow. We're re-writing the future of insurance - are you ready to be a part of the story?
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that inspires each of us to be the best we can be. Join our team and make a difference!
This is your opportunity!
As an Underwriter in our Commercial Auto Department, your work will have a big impact. You will be responsible for underwriting insurance risks and making decisions every day that contribute to profitable growth. You will be customer-focused in everything you do, educating the broker and looking for ways to improve the customer experience. With a strong sales ability, you will develop profitable business relationships with brokers and will be effective in upsell and cross sell activities.
You succeed at what you do because you:
- Are a natural at building relationships
- Are confident to negotiate and speak to brokers
- Have a sales-focus and you excel in providing outstanding customer service
- Are a solutions seeker known for your problem solving skills
- Collaborate and make decisions
- Are goal-oriented and results-driven
This role will offer you the chance to:
- Participate in broker visits, insurance industry functions and marketing events
- Expand your knowledge, make decisions and provide recommendations
- Help shape the future of Commercial Auto
- Develop your analytical skills in reviewing insurance risks and claims
- Invest in your professional growth and career development
- University degree/college diploma or equivalent work experience
- Started taking Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) courses preferred
- 3-5 years insurance experience (commercial lines underwriting is preferred)
- A sound knowledge of automobile commercial lines insurance preferred for the role
- Very strong sales and customer service skills
- Self-driven and ability to work well under pressure
- Awareness of local community conditions and insurance issues
NOTE: The level of role offered will be determined based on skills, experience and education.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That's why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees.
If you need a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
Before receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to a background check if it's a requirement for the role. This may include: verifying work references, validating education and credentials, employment verification, identity checks, reviewing credit reports, as well as criminal and driving record checks.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
This posting closes on August 20, 2019 at 11:59PM.
It's important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.