Tax Analyst - Co-op Student (Winter 2020)
At Intact, insurance is not about things. It's about people. It's what we believe, and it shapes everything we do. It's why we strive to provide a second-to-none experience for our customers and create an inspiring workplace for our employees to thrive in, and, why we're committed to nurturing and investing in the future talent of our industry.
It's more than a great career. It's a bright future.
We're hiring a team of Future Talent superstars - people like you! - to join our Taxation team. In this role, you'll get hands-on industry experience from experts in the field while participating and contributing to the team's work and vision.
As a Tax Analyst - Co-op Student you will learn about the basic tax operations and technical concepts in support to the financial reporting requirements, and the automation/analysis of business processes to facilitate our transformation projects.
You may be a good fit for this role if you are a:
- Skilled Communicator
- Powerful Persuader
- True Team Player & Collaborator
- Solutions Seeker
- Analytical Ace
- Detail Oriented
When you step into this role, you will have the chance to:
- Be mentored by high performing and experienced finance professionals
- Build internal and external relationships and networks to support your professional growth and success
- Work in a collaborative and inspiring environment
- Develop a strong accounting and tax skillset that will put you ahead of your peers.
- The chance to work in other areas of the finance department, or other business units in future work terms.
Your main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with key tax analytic projects
- Contribute to testing of new tax automation tool ahead of go live
- Work effectively within a team environment
- Manage broker and other legal entity wind-ups
- Other administrative and tax function duties as assigned
These are the requirements to apply:
- Currently pursuing an university degree in an accredited Co-op program
- Pursuing an accounting or other related degree is a strong asset
- A strong GPA (to be considered, you'll share your transcripts with us)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be available to work full time throughout the 4 month Winter semester in 2020
- Must be returning for full time studies in Spring or Fall 2020 in order to be eligible
Your career starts here. Apply today! We can't wait to learn more about you. When you complete your application, remember to include your resume and University/College transcript. We hire co-ops every semester (Winter, Summer and Fall)!
As Canada's largest provider of property and casualty insurance, we're not only leading our industry, but we're redefining what it means to work for it. As a recognized top employer, we're committed to living our values and supporting our dedicated people who bring their best to work each day because they know their work matters.
Our people are at the heart of what we promise - getting people back on track and helping them prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. We have over 13,000 employees who live our values every day and strive to deliver legendary service to our millions of customers across Canada and the U.S.
We have many brands that are a part of the Intact family. In Canada, Intact Insurance and Brokerlink distribute insurance through a wide network of brokers, while belairdirect delivers products direct-to-consumer. In the U.S., OneBeacon Insurance Group provides specialty insurance to industries who have unique insurance needs (think entertainment, tech, marine & agriculture).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That's why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees.
If you need a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
Before receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to a background check if it's a requirement for the role. This may include: verifying work references, validating education and credentials, employment verification, identity checks, reviewing credit reports, as well as criminal and driving record checks.
This posting closes on October 11, 2019 at 11:59pm.
It's important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.