Senior Analyst, Actuarial
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That’s why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees.
If you are in need of a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
Attention analytical superstars! We’re looking for a Senior Actuarial Analyst to join our growing team.
Workplace: Montreal (2020, Robert-Bourassa Blvd), Anjou (7101 Jean-Talon E) or St. Hyacinthe (2450 Girouard W).
Being Canada’s largest leading provider of property and casualty insurance, there’s a lot happening behind the scene. Our Technology teams reshape the way we do business. Our Claims teams are constantly improving how we help customers get back on track after a loss. Our product teams develop innovative products to better protect people and businesses, so they can focus on what matters to them most. And this transformation is fueled in large part from the contributions of our Actuarial workforce.
We need you. We rely on your expertise to find solutions to complex problems that only master critical-thinkers like yourselves can solve. We strive to offer an inspiring workplace with great opportunities to develop your skills, grow a rewarding career and enable you make your innovative ideas a reality.
If you want to join forces with a recognized Top Employer who is a leader in championing automated learning approaches, this could be your opportunity to enter our story.
Here are a few ways you will make a difference:
- Use your expertise to resolve complex problems and help your colleagues in doing the same by sharing your actuarial knowledge.
- Work autonomously on challenging, strategic projects in areas such as: ratemaking, reinsurance, corporate planning, data science, reserving and more
- Drive change by improving work processes and making substantial observations, conclusions and recommendations
- Help guide and prioritize the team’s work and coach effectively to strengthen both individual and group success
- Share the conclusions of your analysis to the appropriate stakeholders and make recommendations within the established timelines.
Here’s what is required:
- University Degree
- Certifications in Mathematics, Actuarial, Finance or Economics, ACAS preferred
- 3 years or more of actuarial experience (preferably in the P&C Insurance sector)
- Good knowledge with SAS, VBA, R or Python
- Desirable competencies: adaptability, innovative, analytical, decision making, critical thinking, stellar communication, planning and organizing, team oriented
Here’s what we offer you:
- Stimulating, challenging projects to help you grow your skills and career
- Flexibility in how and where you want to work
- A comprehensive financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- An extensive, flexible benefits package
- An award-winning, inspiring workplace that supports its people and recognizes great work (Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Aon Platinum Best Employers, LinkedIn Top Company, Glassdoor Best Place to Work & Top CEO, Indeed Top-Rated Workplaces)
- An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan where we match 50% of net shares purchased
- A casual ‘dress for your day’ culture that encourages you to be yourself
At Intact, insurance is not about things. It’s about people. It’s what we believe, and it shapes everything we do. It’s why we strive to provide a second-to-none experience for our customers and create an inspiring workplace for our employees to thrive in.
As Canada’s largest provider of P&C insurance, we’re not only leading our industry, but we’re redefining what it means to work for it. As a recognized top employer, we’re committed to living our values such as integrity, respect, customer driven, excellence, and being socially responsible, and supporting our dedicated people who are engaged because they know their work matters.
Eligibility to work in Canada
It’s important that you are eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. Proof of eligibility can be a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, permanent residence card or confirmation.
Prior to receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to background checks if it’s a requirement for the role. These checks could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.