At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That's why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees.
If you are in need of a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
About us How do you imagine life at an insurance company - its people, its culture, its offices? We bet that if you swing by Intact Lab, you'll be in for quite the surprise! With offices in downtown Toronto and Montreal, the Lab is a digital innovation hub tasked with creating cutting-edge insurtech products that improve the lives of millions of Canadians.
The Lab merges the best of two worlds: the speed and culture of a start-up, with the resources and means of a large enterprise (you'll have access to all the tools you've ever dreamed of!). With a dynamic team, exciting challenges, beautiful offices, inspiring colleagues and a great work culture (we rank as one of Canada's top 100 places to work), Intact Lab offers an amazing environment to develop your skills and grow your career.
Hiring manager: Mathieu Bellerive.
About you Are you passionate about e-commerce and digital innovation? Are you skilled at translating complex requirements into usable and delightful experiences? Do you keep on top of the latest trends in design and love experimenting with new tools and methodologies? We've got the perfect opportunity for you!
As a Product Designer, you play a mission critical role in conceiving and evolving our digital ecosystem. Reporting to the Manager, Strategy and Design, your main responsibilities are:
- Crafting human-centered experiences that help achieve business objectives.
- Giving a voice to our customers through design research.
- Producing any user experience deliverables required to propel projects forward.
- Driving a roadmap alongside a product manager and a multidisciplinary agile team.
- Presenting work to executives and stakeholders.
- Helping engineers produce quality, delightful interfaces.
- Being an advocate for user-centered, data-driven design.
- At least 3 years of experience.
- Expertise in usability and user-centered design practices.
- Mastery of design tools (Sketch, Axure, InVision, Illustrator, etc.).
- Experience with UX research tools an asset (usertesting.com, Optimal Workshop, etc.).
- Experience in producing process flows, content inventories, etc.
- You love working in a collaborative environment that has a strong focus on teamwork, innovation, open minds and having fun.
Please include your portfolio in your application.
- Creative, analytical, curious and ingenious.
- A team player that can share and receive constructive feedback.
- You excel at explaining your ideas to different stakeholders.
- Deeply passionate about design and quality.
- Organized and proactive.
As a full-time employee your benefits include
- A competitive salary.
- An annual performance bonus.
- A pension plan.
- Flexible work hours and a 35 hour work week.
- Top of the line medical and dental insurance.
- A new MacBook Pro.
- And many more benefits (gym refunds, paid conferences, etc.).
A career in Insurance has never been this exciting. Evolving consumer expectations and technology have helped to shape a new vision for our industry - and we are leading the way. Our Technology teams are reshaping the way we do business and setting new industry benchmarks. Our Claims representatives are helping customers to get back on track after they experience a loss. Our product teams are developing products that protect people and businesses so they can focus on what matters to them most. Our success story is written by our passion for living our values and creating a better tomorrow. We're re-writing the future of insurance - are you ready to be a part of the story?
Excellent benefits are offered: competitive salary, flexible benefits, flexible work arrangements, flexible leave, pension plan defined benefit, etc.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level.Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
This posting closes on August 2nd, 2019.
This role is eligible for employee referral bonus. #RightPeopleRightRole
Eligibility to work in Canada
It's important that you are eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
Background Checks Prior to receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to background checks if it's a requirement for the role. These checks could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver's license record.