Manager Finance, Claims
At Intact, insurance is not about things. It's about people. It's what we believe, and it shapes everything we do. It's why we strive to provide a second-to-none experience for our customers and create an inspiring workplace for our employees to thrive in.
As Canada's largest provider of property and casualty insurance, we're not only leading our industry, but we're redefining what it means to work for it. As a recognized top employer, we're committed to living our values and supporting our dedicated people who bring their best to work each day because they know their work matters.
As a member of the claims finance team, the successful candidate will be responsible to provide and support analysis of claims external fees. You will be responsible to work with the claims team to understand the external assignation process, provide support in developing a tracking mechanism of the assignation, improve the model to control/forecast the external fees and participate in various initiatives to optimize the use of external fees. The manager will also be responsible to recommend and prepare the external fees budget in partnership with the regional management.
- Recommend regional budget targets based on productivity and internalization initiatives.
- Improve tracking of external fee spent and build/improve modelling of spent to derive forecast.
- Provide a view on the internalization opportunities for claims when looking at current processes or during an acquisition.
- Responsible of the month-end financial processes for external fees. Review and ensure accuracy and completeness of month-end reporting.
- Work with the regional claims teams to understand the different models of assignation to external parties. Provide recommendation when needed.
- Provide analysis on KPIs under our responsibility presented to claims' senior management (national and regional) and to different committees of the company.
- Participate in projects with data analytic teams to improve claims KPIs pertaining to external fees or indemnity spent.
- Ensure tools, processes are documented and optimized within the department and that proper controls are in place.
- Manages 1 employee in his daily tasks and ensure his continuous development.
WORKPLACE : Montreal (2020, Robert-Bourassa)
- Bachelor of Business Administration. A Master degree with a mathematical background (math, finance, actuarial, etc.) is a strong asset.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in managing personnel.
- Very strong modelling skills in excel with abilities in programming.
- Strategic thinking, strong analytical ability and very well organized.
- Interest in learning claims systems and understanding claims operational structure and processes.
- Ability to lead multiple projects at the same time.
- Be autonomous, proactive, creative and demonstrate team spirit and "can do" attitude.
- Clearly communicate, in writing and verbally in French and English, the outcome of an analysis and present it in a concise, accurate and effective manner.
- Interpersonal communication skills: the ideal candidate must be able to build strong relationships while being tactful and putting the Company's needs ahead of his/her own aspirations; he will act as an advisor to the claims management team for financial questions.
- Knowledge of Oracle Hyperion and Contact Claims (Guidewire) would be an asset.
Here are a few reasons why others have joined our team:
- An award-winning, inspiring workplace that supports its people and recognizes great work
- Stimulating, challenging projects and development opportunities to help you grow your skills and career
- Flexibility in how and where you work
- A comprehensive financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- An extensive, flexible benefits package
- An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan where we match 50% of net shares purchased
- A casual 'dress for your day' culture that encourages you to be yourself
- A $350 annual wellness account that promotes an active lifestyle
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That's why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees. If you need a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
As an employer and publicly traded financial services company, the best interests of our customers, employees and shareholders are important to us. We want Intact to be a great place to work! This means that you'll be asked to consent to background checks so we can learn more about you. Please note that for positions with access to financial data or funds, your credit must be in good standing.
It's important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
This role is eligible for employee referral bonus. #myReferrals1000
Heads up! Employers know that top students and grads use TalentEgg. When you apply, don't forget to indicate that you found this job on TalentEgg.