Manager, Forecasting & Analytics, Claims Workforce Management
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That's why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees.
If you are in need of a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
#ItsAboutPeople We're here to help people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. We're focused on what matters to our customers. We listen and connect. We make their problems our problems. We strive to understand what they're going through. We build products with them in mind and offer solutions that help. And we deliver on our promises. We believe that insurance is not about things, it's about people.
Our success story is written by our passion for living our values and creating a better tomorrow. We're re-writing the future of insurance - are you ready to be a part of the story?
This is your opportunity.
Workplace: Anjou (7101, Jean-Talon East St.) ou Montral (2020, Robert-Bourassa Blvd.)
Are you ready to move the needle to Workforce management: the next generation? Intact is the largest provider of property and casualty insurance in Canada and insures more than 5 million individuals and businesses coast to coast employing approximately 14,000 people. We believe insurance is about people, not things. For this reason, we work very hard to provide our customers with an experience that is second to none.
Our Claims organization is a nation-wide team of 3,800 employees who are at the heart of our claims guarantee. We operate contact centers all across the country and are focused on delivering day-in and day-out. Our Workforce planning team is critical and central to providing guidance on staffing strategies to meet customer expectations and deliver on our promise.
Do you like daily challenges and the chance to make a difference? Are you innovative and creative with strong drive and determination? Are you a visionary with a deep passion for developing innovative concepts and processes? Do you have proven leadership skills with a strong emphasis on people and engagement?
Here are what your responsibilities and what you are passionate about:
- You have a natural inclination to lead, coach and develop talent; you will be accountable for Forecasting team's Transformation, Innovation and Optimisation
- Analyses! You commit to analyze and review business results and upcoming forecast implications so you can share with your business partners; you have the knack to interact with Senior Leadership to socialize and create awareness to your work
- Perform long-term and short-term forecasts; you can find ways to deliver on forecast accuracy targets
- Refine Capacity Plans each month with the most up-to-date information - data is your sandbox
- Achieve global service targets through proactive management of a multi-site and multi-skilled environment - a claims department is much, much more than a phone call, and you understand the need to move away from traditional WFM planning to include omni-channel capabilities to maximize customer satisfaction with their channel of choice
- You can wear the Subject-matter expert hat when WFM is required at the table and are able to popularize complex concepts to an audience; you have the interest to get to know deeply the Claims operations you will be forecasting for
- Identify areas of improvement to better manage the Claims performance and you want to improve comprehensiveness of the support you provide, because status quo is definitely not your thing!
Innate skills we're looking for are:
- You move quickly with the changing environment and are up to date with the latest Workforce management trends and approaches; thinking outside of the box is a second nature for you
- Influencer: Converting strategy into action, you have a personable, effective and confident manner with the ability to influence a diverse group of stakeholders
- Strategic Thinker: Not afraid to challenge the status-quo with a balance of assertiveness, tact, business acumen and diplomacy.
- Fast learner: You thrive in a customer centric, dynamic, ever-evolving environment.
- Versatility. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of Workforce management, you are comfortable with spreadsheets, programming and automation while being a social animal
- Passion: You have an entrepreneurial spirit that builds credibility and you love to share your thoughts and ideas with your peers and business teams
- A team player: You believe that together everyone achieves more, - that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement and you can naturally share yours likewise
- Design and business acumen: You understand business requirements beyond the written word and how your technical contributions will influence business processes. The other members of the team can depend on the quality of your work to rapidly advance our goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Expert level with MS Excel; proficient with PowerPoint and Word
- Analytical skills in critical thinking, decision making, problem solving, and attention to detail
- Programming skills (VBA, SAS), open source framework (R, Python), a strong asset
- Deep knowledge of WFM software such as NICE IEX, an asset
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to concentrate on vaguely defined problems which require application of creative approaches
- Proven leadership accomplishments
- Gym/fitness reimbursement, paid company holidays, flexible work arrangements
- Stock purchase plan, pension plan defined benefit
- A la carte medical/dental/vision package you can customize to fit your needs.
- Dynamic, evolving and respectful workplace with uncompromising values, growth opportunities and diversity
This opportunity interests you? We look forward to meeting you!
A career in Insurance has never been this exciting. Evolving consumer expectations and technology have helped to shape a new vision for our industry - and we are leading the way. Our Technology teams are reshaping the way we do business and setting new industry benchmarks. Our Claims representatives are helping customers to get back on track after they experience a loss. Our product teams are developing products that protect people and businesses so they can focus on what matters to them most. Our success story is written by our passion for living our values and creating a better tomorrow. We're re-writing the future of insurance - are you ready to be a part of the story?
Excellent benefits are offered: competitive salary, flexible benefits, flexible work arrangements, flexible leave, pension plan defined benefit, etc.
Eligibility to work in Canada
It's important that you are eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
Background Checks Prior to receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to background checks if it's a requirement for the role. These checks could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver's license record.