Junior Underwriter, Personal Lines [12-month Contract/Secondment Opportunity]
As Canada's largest provider of property and casualty insurance, we're not only leading our industry, but we're redefining what it means to work for it. As a recognized top employer, we're committed to living our values and supporting our dedicated people who bring their best to work each day because they know their work matters.
Our people are at the heart of what we promise - getting people back on track and helping them prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. We have over 13,000 employees who live our values every day and strive to deliver legendary service to our millions of customers across Canada and the U.S.
We have many brands that are a part of the Intact family. In Canada, Intact Insurance and Brokerlink distribute insurance through a wide network of brokers, while belairdirect delivers products direct-to-consumer. In the U.S., OneBeacon Insurance Group handles our specialty insurance line of business.
At Intact, insurance is not about things. It's about people. It's what we believe, and it shapes everything we do. It's why we strive to provide a second-to-none experience for our customers and create an inspiring workplace for our employees to thrive in.
We're looking for a Junior Underwriter, Personal Lines to join our growing team!
This is a 12-month contract/secondment opportunity.
As a Junior Underwriter, Personal Lines, your work will have a big impact on maintaining positive relationships with our distribution network in support of our growth. People will count on you to analyze, select, and price, home and auto risks.
Here are a few ways you'll make a difference:
- Accept risks in auto and home insurance by approving simple to complex transactions, based on position level
- Process and underwrite files within binding authority limits involving personal automobile, property and/or casualty policies based on your level of experience. This may include new business, endorsements, renewals and requests for cancellations
- Develop business opportunities through building and maintaining strong internal/external business partner relationships including brokers
- Provide support to brokers regarding policy interpretation and underwriting policies and standards
- Explain changes related to product pricing, underwriting guidelines and new products and provide additional support for all marketing campaigns
- College diploma or university degree or high school diploma with equivalent experience
- Working towards your Chartered Insurance Professional designation
- 1 year of personal lines experience
- Strong analytical and negotiating skills
- Team spirit and organizational skills
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure
- Strong customer focus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and computer tools
- Available during the working hours of 8:00am- 5pm
- Valid driver's license and able to travel within the designated branch area
- Travel will be required possibly up to 2-4 days/week
Here are a few reasons why others have joined our team:
- An award-winning, inspiring workplace that supports its people and recognizes great work (Canada's Top 100 Employers, Aon Platinum Best Employers, LinkedIn Top Company, Glassdoor Best Place to Work & Top CEO, Indeed Top-Rated Workplaces)
- Stimulating, challenging projects and development opportunities to help you grow your skills and career
- Flexibility in how and where you work
- A casual 'dress for your day' culture that encourages you to be yourself
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That's why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees. If you need a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
Before receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to a background check if it's a requirement for the role. This may include: verifying work references, validating education and credentials, employment verification, identity checks, reviewing credit reports, as well as criminal and driving record checks.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
It's important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
This posting closes on October 18, 2019 at 11:59PM.