Information Security Risk Management Co-op/Intern
At Intact, insurance is not about things. It's about people. It's what we believe, and it shapes everything we do. It's why we strive to provide a second-to-none experience for our customers and create an inspiring workplace for our employees to thrive in, and, why we're committed to nurturing and investing in the future talent of our industry.
It's more than a great career. It's a bright future.
We're hiring Future Talent superstars - people like you - to join our team! In this role, you'll get hands-on industry experience from experts in the field while participating and contributing to the team's work and vision.
This is your opportunity.
During this 4-month term as an Information Security Risk Management Co-op/Intern at our downtown Vancouver office, you will have the opportunity to contribute to information security risk management through several activities such as:
- Identify, document and present cybersecurity risks associated with different projects
- Provide cybersecurity support and recommendations to various IT managers
- Identify and participate in the implementation of mitigation risk measures
- Work in collaboration with various teams to develop action plan to reduce information security risk
- Participate in the continuous evolution of analysis tools to assess cybersecurity risk within the company
- Develop reference tools to lead projects within the right process of information security management.
- Assist the risk management expertise center in the governance of information security
- Other duties & tasks as required
We're proud to offer an award-winning workplace. Here's what you can expect working with us:
- A fun, inclusive workplace that will challenge and inspire you
- Opportunities to grow your career, learn new skills and do meaningful work
- Flexibility - because we know you have a life beyond our walls
- Social events to hangout with the team, meet new people and celebrate successes
- An environment that supports its people and recognizes great work
You may be a good fit for this opportunity if you are:
- Interested in learning more about cybersecurity
- Comfortable with public speaking and sharing ideas
- Able to work independently and make decisions with minimal direction
- A natural at building relationships and collaborating within a team
- Analytical and have a creative approach to problem-solving
- Able to multi-task and prioritize accordingly
- Comfortable & able to collaborate in a national virtual team
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field
- Must be available to work full-time from January to April 2020
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Passion for making a difference
About us: As Canada's largest provider of property and casualty insurance, we're not only leading our industry, but we're redefining what it means to work for it. As a recognized top employer, we're committed to living our values and supporting our dedicated people who bring their best to work each day because they know their work matters. Our people are at the heart of what we promise - getting people back on track and helping them prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. We have over 13,000 employees who live our values every day and strive to deliver legendary service to our millions of customers across Canada and the U.S. The fine print.
Background Checks Prior to receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to background checks if it's a requirement for the role.
Eligibility to work in Canada It's important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That's why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees.
If you are in need of a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
This posting will remain open until September 27, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST.