Financial Operations Technician (Contract/Secondment)
At Intact, insurance is not about things. It's about people. It's what we believe, and it shapes everything we do. It's why we strive to provide a second-to-none experience for our customers and create an inspiring workplace for our employees to thrive in.
As Canada's largest provider of property and casualty insurance, we're not only leading our industry, but we're redefining what it means to work for it. As a recognized top employer, we're committed to living our values and supporting our dedicated people who bring their best to work each day because they know their work matters.
We're here to help people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. We're focused on what matters to our customers. We listen and connect. We make their problems our problems. We strive to understand what they're going through. We build products with them in mind and offer solutions that help. And we deliver on our promises. We believe that insurance is not about things, it's about people.
Our success story is written by our passion for living our values and creating a better tomorrow. We're re-writing the future of insurance - are you ready to be a part of the story?
This is your opportunity.
- St-Hyacinthe (2450, Girouard W. st),
- Toronto (700 University)
This this a temporary full-time contract position, ending August 2020.
What You'll Be Doing
As a Financial Operations Technician you will be working as a business partner to Finance team and providing overall administrative financial support in making informed strategic decisions. We are looking for a team player who will play a vital role in supporting our growth.
- Perform, via our Cash Management Module (Oracle), the daily logging of banking transactions;
- Analyze, compile and process the daily exceptions of the Cash Management module in the required timeframe;
- Send the list of rejects items to the bank and do required follow-ups with other departments;
- Perform all other banking duties such as stop payments, check validation and deposits;
- Participate in the Month end process, post the required journal entries;
- Perform electronic funds transfers and wire payments.
- Diploma in accounting or administration required or experience deemed equivalent;
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role;
- Bilingual for St. Hyacinthe Location (French & English); Bilingual, verbal and written asset for Toronto;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word);
- Knowledge of Oracle is an asset;
- Attention to detail and efficiency;
- Customer oriented;
- Good communication (oral / written)
- Organizational & prioritizing skills, availability;
- Strong Team player;
- Quick learner
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That's why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees. If you need a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
Before receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to a background check if it's a requirement for the role. This may include: verifying work references, validating education and credentials, employment verification, identity checks, reviewing credit reports, as well as criminal and driving record checks.
Eligibility to Work in Canada
It's important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
This posting closes on October 18, 2019 at 11:59pm.