Financial Operations Technician
We At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That's why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees.
If you are in need of a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
#ItsAboutPeople We're here to help people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. We're focused on what matters to our customers. We listen and connect. We make their problems our problems. We strive to understand what they're going through. We build products with them in mind and offer solutions that help. And we deliver on our promises. We believe that insurance is not about things, it's about people.
Our success story is written by our passion for living our values and creating a better tomorrow. We're re-writing the future of insurance - are you ready to be a part of the story?
This is your opportunity.
Locations: St-Hyacinthe (2450, Girouard W. st), Toronto (700 University)
This temporary position is for 5 days per week for 12-14 months.
As a Financial Operations Technician you will be working as a business partner to Finance team and providing overall administrative financial support in making informed strategic decisions. We are looking for a team player who will play a vital role in supporting our growth.
- Perform, via our Cash Management Module (Oracle), the daily logging of banking transactions;
- Analyze, compile and process the daily exceptions of the Cash Management module in the required timeframe;
- Prepare weekly and monthly cash receipts for different bank accounts in a timely manner, making sure to assign the correct ledger accounts;
- Participate in the Month end process, post the required journal entries;
- Send the list of rejects items to the bank and do required follow-ups with other departments;
- Perform electronic funds transfers and wire payments;
- Perform all other banking duties such as stop payments, check validation and deposits.
- Diploma in accounting or administration or experience deemed equivalent;
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role;
- Bilingual for St. Hyacinthe Location (French & English); Bilingual, verbal and written asset for Toronto;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word);
- Knowledge of Oracle is an asset;
- Attention to detail and efficiency;
- Customer oriented;
- Good communication (oral / written)
- Organizational & prioritizing skills, availability;
- Strong Team player;
- Quick learner.
A career in Insurance has never been this exciting. Evolving consumer expectations and technology have helped to shape a new vision for our industry - and we are leading the way. Our Technology teams are reshaping the way we do business and setting new industry benchmarks. Our Claims representatives are helping customers to get back on track after they experience a loss. Our product teams are developing products that protect people and businesses so they can focus on what matters to them most. Our success story is written by our passion for living our values and creating a better tomorrow. We're re-writing the future of insurance - are you ready to be a part of the story?
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level.Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants. For internal candidates, this posting closes on July 5th, 2019.
Eligibility to work in Canada
It's important that you are eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
Background Checks Prior to receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to background checks if it's a requirement for the role. These checks could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver's license record.