DevOps - Student Internship
At Intact, insurance is not about things. It's about people. It's what we believe, and it shapes everything we do. It's why we strive to innovate the insurance experience for our customers and offer an inspiring workplace where our people have the freedom to explore, create, and innovate. And, it's why we're committed to nurturing and investing in the future tech talent of our industry.
It's more than a great career. It's a bright future.
We're hiring a team of Future Talent tech superstars - people like you! - to join our Information Technology team. In this role, you'll get hands-on technical and industry experience from top experts in the field while participating and contributing to the team's work and vision.
There's never been a more exciting time to start a career in Insurtech, and Intact is leading the way. While our technology and data teams push limits to revolutionize our products and services, our Intact Ventures team is investing in forward-thinking companies - like Voyage and Humatics - who are changing the game with ground-breaking technologies and shaping the future of insurance.
As a DevOps Developer Intern, you will participate in a 16-month placement to gain valuable, first-hand, corporate and professional experience at Canada's largest insurance company.
When you step into this role, here's what you'll do:
- Develop, improve and maintain mission-critical financial systems to meet users' needs
- Develop pilelines and software deployment streams using Git, RTC, RMTools, Nexus, Docker, Maven, Jenkins, Kubernetes and OpenShift environment
- Integrate software components and applications, promote code across system environments
- Automate and optimize software development processes
- Gain familiarity with security services such as Veracode, SonarQube and TwistLock
- Work with software developers, analysts and testers to troubleshoot software and to improve processes
- Collaborate with team members using Jira, Confluence and Microsoft Teams
- Become an effective member of a real-world project and contribute to its successful completion on time and on budget
You will also have the chance to:
- Experience first-hand what it's like to work as a DevOps engineer and discover more about how advances in technology are shaping the way the insurance business works
- Explore new ideas and learn about best practices in a fun, inclusive environment
- Put your creative mind to work while you help the team solve problems and contribute to challenging, meaningful projects
- Attend social events with the team, so you can meet new people and celebrate successes
These are the requirements to apply:
- Currently pursuing a University degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent
- A 3rd year student who is enrolled in a formal co-op/internship program
- Available to work with us for 16 months from May 2020 to August 2021
- A good understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Experience working in Windows and Linux environments
- Familiarity with Java, Groovy, Maven, Gradle, Bash, Spring, Hibernate, Angular and Mobile is an asset
- Students with a passion for learning about application development practices and methodologies
- A can do attitude, a passion for problem solving, and the ability to take initiative
- Basic coding and command line experience
Your career starts here. Apply today!
We can't wait to learn more about you. When you complete your application, remember to include your resume and University/College transcript.
As Canada's largest provider of property and casualty insurance, we're not only leading our industry, but we're redefining what it means to work for it. As a recognized top employer, we're committed to living our values and supporting our dedicated people who bring their best to work each day because they know their work matters.
Our people are at the heart of what we promise - getting people back on track and helping them prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. We have over 13,000 employees who live our values every day and strive to deliver legendary service to our millions of customers across Canada and the U.S.
We have many brands that are a part of the Intact family. In Canada, Intact Insurance and Brokerlink distribute insurance through a wide network of brokers, while belairdirect delivers products direct-to-consumer. In the U.S., OneBeacon Insurance Group provides specialty insurance to industries who have unique insurance needs (think entertainment, tech, marine & agriculture).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That's why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees. If you need a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
Before receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to a background check if it's a requirement for the role. This may include: verifying work references, validating education and credentials, employment verification, identity checks, reviewing credit reports, as well as criminal and driving record checks.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
It's important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
This posting closes on November 1, 2019 at 11:59pm.