Data Science - 4 Month Co-op/Internship (Fall 2020)
At Intact, insurance is not about things. It’s about people. It’s what we believe, and it shapes everything we do. It’s why we strive to provide a second-to-none experience for our customers and create an inspiring workplace for our employees to thrive in, and, why we’re committed to nurturing and investing in the future talent of our industry.
It’s more than a great career. It’s a bright future.
In a world where data is changing the way we live, the Data Lab team leverages a variety of sources of information coming from all touchpoints with our customers. We also use state of the art technologies to explore new possibilities and help us become one of the smartest players in the game. From analyzing our customers driving behaviours to state of the art technology for determining accurate prices on intangible products, the opportunities stemming from being the largest P&C insurer in Canada are endless.
As a Data Science intern, you will take on challenging projects that provide tremendous opportunities to learn and grow, surrounded by a multi-disciplinary team that constantly pushes to develop and implement innovative products.
When you step into this role, you will:
- Stay current on new approaches or opportunities, and bring them to the solutions you design
- Transform complex data sets into meaningful conclusions and recommendation
- Develop novel and innovative solutions for pattern recognition using machine learning and statistical approaches
- Bachelor, Master or PhD in progress related to artificial intelligence, computer science or data science
- Open-source frameworks: Python, R, Spark, Hadoop
- Work environment: GitHub, Git, Agile, Scrum
- Understanding of the underlying Machine Learning theory an asset
- Understanding in any specific field: Computer vision, Natural Language Processing or Artificial Intelligence an asset
- Practical experience with machine learning or deep learning framework an asset
- Ability to concentrate on loosely defined problems which require application of creative approaches
- Strong communication, time-management, organization, and prioritization skills
- Understanding of data science approaches in consumer research domains an asset
- Cooperative team player
- Available for Fall 2020 (September – December)
The next steps:
All submissions will be reviewed after the posting closes. If you meet the requirements of the role, you may expect:
- A Video Interview - You’ll receive an email with full details and a link to complete.
- A Plum Assessment – If selected to move forward, you will create a talent profile for you so the hiring manager can assess your key strengths alongside the needs of the role.
- An Interview Phase - If selected to move forward, you’ll get to meet the hiring team, discuss the role, and – most importantly – tell us about you!
Prior to receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to background checks if it’s a requirement for the role.
Eligibility to work in Canada
It’s important that you are eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That’s why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees.
If you are in need of a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.