Customer Service Representative
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that inspires each of us to be the best we can be. Join our team and make a difference!
Are you interested in making a real difference in people's lives? Would you enjoy helping people get back on their feet when they have suffered a setback? In our Claims Department, we help people; businesses and society prosper in good times, and be resilient in bad times.
We have an opening for a Customer Service Representative in our Intact Service Centre (ISC) who is committed to providing outstanding customer service. The ISC is Intact's premiere automobile claims service centre. Located in Ottawa , the ISC is our one stop concierge shops where our customers will take their vehicle to have it inspected by our appraisal team, will be provided with a rental (where applicable), and will have their vehicle sent for repair within our RELY partner network. Successful candidates will be provided with a robust onboarding and training program, ongoing team support, and Intact branded clothing for the ISC.
To be successful in this recruitment process, you must be able to commit to the scheduled shifts that will run between the following operational hours: Monday to Friday 7:00 am to 7:00 pm, Saturday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, and select Statutory Holidays 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
In this role as a Customer Service Representative at the Intact Service Centre, you will:
- Be responsible for providing front-line customer service within the Supply Chain Department, which includes greeting customers upon arrival at our fast paced customer facing ISC.
- Be the first point of face-to-face contact with customers, responding to their inquiries, complaints, anticipating their needs and documenting information.
- Identify opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the customer's experience in a holistic approach.
- Respond to internal and external customer's enquiries which include completing and documenting inquiries received from claimants and provide information based on Intact's standards and procedures in a courteous and respectful manner.
- In consultation with others, you will interpret, check and update various documents and data for various business lines, confirming accuracy and identifying issuesor errors.
- Document and direct inquiries and assignments to appropriate individuals or units.
- Perform routine administrative functions such as file processing as requested by the Service Centre Manager.
- University Degree or College Diploma preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year customer service experience.
- A valid full G driver's license, with a clean driving record; able to drive manual and automatic transmission; and prepared for light physical work cleaning vehicles
- Ability to work on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Legendary customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to carry out instructions provided in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with and solve problems involving specific parameters in standardized situations.
- Ability to work in a fast pace, high pressure environment.
- Team player with ability to share job responsibilities of others when called on.
- Knowledge of Insurance is an asset.
- Familiarity with MS Office Products.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That's why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees.
If you need a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
Before receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to a background check if it's a requirement for the role. This may include: verifying work references, validating education and credentials, employment verification, identity checks, reviewing credit reports, as well as criminal and driving record checks.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
This posting closes on August 14, 2019 at 11:59 pm.
It's important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.