Customer Service Representative, Claims GTA (September/October 2019)
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that inspires each of us to be the best we can be. Join our team and make a difference!
At Intact, we believe Insurance is not about things but about people. We are here to help people; businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. Making a difference is important to us. This is why we are committed to offering employees an environment of uncompromising values, career and growth opportunities and a strong, diverse and inclusive team that will inspire you.
Take charge of your career and choose to make a difference! Do you love speaking with people on the phone, providing information, and quickly resolving their inquiries in a professional manner? If this describes you, we have an exciting opportunity for you here at Intact! We are looking for a motivated, high energy, and highly organized customer service representative with a 'can do' attitude to join our Claims Contact Centre department.
- Provide legendary customer service to both our external and internal clients on the phone.
- Taking a high volume of inbound calls in our contact centre
- Providing information on programs, services and initiatives and updating various documents and data for various business lines.
- Being a knowledge leader on resources available to your team members and if you don't have the answers, you know where to find them
- Ensure that call metrics are met daily take calls back-to-back, ensure that inquiries are resolved the first time, and strive for low hold times
- Keep clear, concise notes in the system to ensure that your work is transferable for your colleagues
- Complete and document inquiries received from claimants and provide information based on Intact's standards and procedures in a courteous and respectful manner
- Confirming accuracy and identifying issues or errors
- Document and direct inquiries and assignments to appropriate individual or unit
- Perform routine administrative functions such as file processing as directed by manager
Education and Experience:
- Bilingual in French and English is an asset
- Completion of High School diploma is required University degree or College diploma is preferred
- Willing to pursue your Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation
Abilities & Knowledge:
- Sales and customer service experience preferred
- Client driven with excellent communication skills
- Committed to self-development
- Ability to deal with and solve problems involving specific parameters in standardized situations Insurance experience would be considered an asset
- Superior organization skills and a demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Must be flexible to work shifts ranging from: Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, and Saturday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and statutory holidays
- Strong resourcefulness, ability to work autonomously and demonstrated strong judgment.
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite. Experience with Lotus Notes preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent listening and communication skills and the ability to tactfully foster strong working relationships
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That's why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees.
If you need a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
Before receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to a background check if it's a requirement for the role. This may include: verifying work references, validating education and credentials, employment verification, identity checks, reviewing credit reports, as well as criminal and driving record checks.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
This posting closes on September 1, 2019 at 11:59pm.
Eligibility to work in Canada
It's important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.